Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a picture of Ken's xB. He sold me the TEIN Wagon coilover set-up I have and helped sponsor my custom catback center exit exhaust. This pic was taken during Exposed 2004 also, down the street from Super Autobacs.

Ken's xB was sold and he now drives a slightly massaged MR2 Spyder.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
The gold really is a good accent with black. I know black and chrome work well, but gold is very subtle and classic...just my opinion.

I love the lowered look, too.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tammie, Ken had those wheels painted. He custom mixed the gold and had the wheels painted before Exposed.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tammie, here is what Ken was also famous for, the infamous extended shifter.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
So Brad, what was the total drop (f/r) with the coilovers? At that height, the stock lip kit looks really good. And are those 18's?

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dtrain619 said:
So Brad, what was the total drop (f/r) with the coilovers? At that height, the stock lip kit looks really good. And are those 18's?
Dion, Ken had Cusco coilovers on his xB, was on 17s, and I think he was at around 3 to 3.5 inch drop. I know he raised it a tad when we got back because he had to crab walk everywhere and scraped the heck out of his lower frame braces.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
squirrel said:
Tammie, here is what Ken was also famous for, the infamous extended shifter.

OMG!!:eek: That is the biggest shifter I have ever seen!! But it looks like so much fun!:D

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
squirrel said:
Dion, Ken had Cusco coilovers on his xB, was on 17s, and I think he was at around 3 to 3.5 inch drop. I know he raised it a tad when we got back because he had to crab walk everywhere and scraped the heck out of his lower frame braces.
Yeah, I'm diggin' that look, but I should have ask what was his driving height..... thanks for the 411! :)

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dtrain619 said:
Yeah, I'm diggin' that look, but I should have ask what was his driving height..... thanks for the 411! :)
The top of the front fender arch was definitely lower than 23 inches. That's what I'm at right now.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
damn that is low. i have DF210s and I think theyve sagged a little. i measured mine out and right now im at 23 and 13/16s. thats pretty low for JUST springs. im going to need coilovers before next winter though.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Scott, I told you you "need" coilovers! LOL, but I know what its like being a college student, so many choices, and not enuff money. Heck, I was going to college full time, working full time, and auto-xing on the weekends. There were times when all I ate was top ramen and mac and cheese cuz I needed money for shaved Yokohama A-001Rs. Yes, this was back in the early 80s.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
ive become friends with Ramen noodles :rofl: Yea saving up as been not working so well since I find new mods. (aka paint and new body kit) for the xB. Then Im going to need some custom exhaust work done too here soon :wink: I found out BIG time this winter I need coilovers to raise the car back up. Before next winter, I guarantee everyone I will have them. Its been miserable this winter so far without them. Someday Ill get them once I save up. Im hoping to find some used too as that would help in terms of price.

Scott

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
the ride looks good, nice drop, Gold looks sweet.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ken had a sweet AE86 also. Full on JDM. I don't have any pics unfortunately.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.