Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded my box in on a Jeep. This is Jeep #8, a blue 05 Wrangler. It has the 4.0 I6, Eagle alloys, 31" Pro comp tires, and all the options. It is a sport model with a D44 rear and A/C. Here's a pic, but since the pic was taken, all the decals except the "jeep" one is gone.

Attachments

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
It's nice. I'd like to have a FJ.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's nice. I'd like to have a FJ.
Me too, but they are very expensive still. I like taking the doors and top off too, so thats why I went with a Jeep. This is one of the few american cars I would buy. Besides, it only has 4000 miles on it. Got it for quite a bit below blue book since it sat on the lot for a while.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Jeeps are nice we rented a couple a few years back and did some good trails in Durango Colorado, a few that weren't allowed in a rental jeep.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jeeps are nice we rented a couple a few years back and did some good trails in Durango Colorado, a few that weren't allowed in a rental jeep.
Nice, thats what I would do. The only thing that holds most jeepers back on a trail is the fact they own the Jeep. Just get the insurance and see just how far one will go :D.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Suprisingly, we got a Wrangler and a Liberty and the Liberty seemed to handle the trails better, less rock contact on bottom, etc.

We came down Governers Pass and where stopped by a Suburban and told about not being allowed on that trail, turns out that we cut into the trail behind the trail marker and didn't see the name.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I miss the good old days. The Dana 44 is a big plus.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I miss the good old days. The Dana 44 is a big plus.
Yeah, that was a really big reason to get it. Alot easier than an axle swap later. Jeeps are a very long running addiction for me. This last run was the longest I have gone without one since I got my liscence. I miss my CJ's, but this jeep is reliable, and no rust to deal with.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
It's all good, Brother Matt. You're still family!
So stop by anytime. Enjoy that new toy!!!

BTW, how's the back these days?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's all good, Brother Matt. You're still family!
So stop by anytime. Enjoy that new toy!!!

BTW, how's the back these days?
Whats up man? Thanks for the kind words, I will be checking in occasionally. I still love the boxes, it just wasnt working out here in Alabama like it did in MD. They have alot of roadside drains here that didnt like the bottom of my box every time I entered a parking lot:(. The end of my driveway caused a scrape at least 90% of the times I left my house. That thing is treaturous. I'll be around :).

As for the back, it's doing alot better! Since the move, I have only been laid up once with it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I tried talking my wife into another XB, but she went with one of the new 2007- 4 door wranglers. I must say, it's the first Jeep we've ever owned and like it a lot. Just bought it a couple of months ago. Worst part about it is. I've sent more on it in mods than the box the last couple of weeks. But thats about to change. Gotta let her get her goodies too, or I wouldn't be gettin mine!!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Making up for lost mods now. Eclipse HU, installed Sunday. Short Ram, and a Perrin pulley on the way. Trust me I'm all about the Scion xB. The Jeep is Nice, but the Box is way better, to me!

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I tried talking my wife into another XB, but she went with one of the new 2007- 4 door wranglers. I must say, it's the first Jeep we've ever owned and like it a lot. Just bought it a couple of months ago. Worst part about it is. I've sent more on it in mods than the box the last couple of weeks. But thats about to change. Gotta let her get her goodies too, or I wouldn't be gettin mine!!!
Those 4 doors are nice, I wouldnt mind having one, but this Jeep was just too good of a deal to pass up. If it werent for the scraping down here, I would have kept the box and traded the wife's Avalon in on the Jeep. The problem is that I really wanted to drop it another inch, but it looked like I was going to have to go back up to stock height. If I couldnt mod it the way I wanted it, it took all the fun out of it. I just dont think I could enjoy the car anymore if I had to have it stock, and there was still no guarantee it wouldnt scrape coming in and out of my driveway. I would have loved having a Jeep and a box. You are a lucky man lol.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Sorry to see the Box go but you've got a really nice Jeep there!

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry to see the Box go but you've got a really nice Jeep there!
Thanks man, I will admit it was hard to drive away from that box, but I had to. I still kinda miss it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.