Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have black wheels with a chrome lip???? i've seen 2 other ones within 15 miles of my house with rims very similar to mine and one of them was rockin tyc tail just like me too. also many people i've seen online have this style rim too.

·
Registered
501 Posts
That's a cool look. I like the racing stripe down the middle that you see on a lot of xbs.....is/was that a Scion option or is it aftermarket?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
My husband loved the yellow one bc it was bright and bc it would look good with black wheels. Hes not into chrome on cars. Looks more sporty or racey I guess with the black!

Thats his opinion anyways. :D

About the tails....you know its been MY experience that a lot of Scion owners have NO clue there is whole world out there full of options, they take what the dealer offers which is ONE style and also a lot of ppl are afraid to void their warranty so they only use dealer stuff.

Theres not too much to chose from if you dont "think outside the box" :D :D

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
hubbard said:
That's a cool look. I like the racing stripe down the middle that you see on a lot of xbs.....is/was that a Scion option or is it aftermarket?
That's a total custom job. Levi's wife actually has a Mini with the same vinyl scheme too.

Af for the tails, I think more people are worried about legality rather than warranty. Many of the aftermarket options available are illegal in several states. It pays to be up on your local laws before you go doing anything to the headlights, taillights, or markers.

All of the TYC lights Scion sells come with a DOT legal card in case you get stopped.

-Alex

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
hubbard said:
Well, I figured that his was custom, but I see a lot of those racing stripes. Are they all custom/aftermarket?
Yep, the only Scion vinyl is the tilted logo, the thumbprint, and the dots. Everything else you see is done custom by an aftermarket installer.

Just wait 'till you see the dragons! They're going to be HOT!

-Alex

·
Registered
10,242 Posts
AO's 1:54pm random thread revival on a monday afternoon tells me that either you are out of work or out of work. oh btw, iam still using the chrome headrest that you were inquiring about earlier on another thread.....

·
Rawr!!!
7,596 Posts
Lol eric I was on my break, and ok I couldn't tell in ur new pics if you were using them or not.

And toup I knew you'd like my bump. Lol

·
Registered
522 Posts
Black wheels with a chrome/polished lip looks good on anything.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts