Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
mine is stock in the back, trd in front stock in back, ( due to weight of work supplies and comfort) kinda like a reverse mullet, party in front bussiness in back, has a slight rake to it

·
-EC HFD YO-
6,809 Posts
the word Stock in my house is not aloud lol
I'm assuming you have a 2nd gen so 19's or 20's wouldnt look bad with stock height.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Me. Mine is a '12 with about 130 miles on it as of today - 2 days old.

The only mod I have planned is XM radio - just gotta make the appointment for installation.

Steel rims and wheel covers, AKA hubcaps. No bling wheels. No nav, no DVD, no subwoofer.

Great commuter. Comfortable. Peppy enough. Big inside, small outside. handles pretty nicely.

I'm in my mid 50's. Just another kid like the rest of y'all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
By the way, to me this is cool in the same way my '72 Super Beetle was cool in its day.

Minimal but not cheesy. The V-dub was considered a very fine, if simple, piece of engineering and quality build back in the day. I think the xB is, too.

Minimal is a whole different thing now. The Bug had seat and shoulder restraints, 4 on the floor, rear engine and drive, and windshield washers that worked off the spare tire. No A/C, or electric anything except lights, AM radio, rear window defrost and starter. It replaced my '60 Rambler with the flat head four and no seat belts.

I've had a bunch of fine cars, interesting cars, and a near icon or two (280ZX and an early 5-liter Mustang). Those, and especially the Bug, are the only ones I'd care to drive again.

Now, I'm regressing back towards my early youth (I'm in mid youth currently). The Scion called me with practical funkiness, affordability, and reliability, like the VW in the gas crisis days.

I'd tint the side windows a bit more, but that's about it. We'll see.

·
Pishtaco
3,956 Posts
Stock with 17s. Cool is not having to slow to a snail's pace for every speedbump, drainage rut, and driveway.

Stock with moons.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha you have a point there. but you're a gen 1 :]

looks awsome lowered or not :D

i'm diggin' your 18s thedopeshow, looks pretty nice!

·
RS 8.0 #1917
77 Posts
Stock RS 8.0 with the 16" Enkei alloys. I don't plan on changing the suspension at all. Ever. It's the perfect height for me to get into from my wheelchair, and it rides like a dream. Those are 2 of the 3 biggest reasons I got it, and I'm not about to screw them up. I'll stick to "if it's not broken, don't try to fix it." Besides, I'd end up ripping off one or both of the bumper covers if it was any lower...

I may eventually change the tires to a different tread for better wet traction. IF it ever actually rains here.

BTW, I know somebody is going to wonder how in the world I can like the stock ride, so here's how.

A little background- I have 4 rods, 17 screws, and a block of carbon fiber in my spine due to breaking 2 vertebrae about 4 1/2 yrs ago.

I traded in a 2007 Ford Ranger Sport Tremor (with the Pioneer 6-disc in-dash receiver, 5-ch amp, 4 Pioneer 5x7s, and Pioneer 10" dvc sub) that sat high enough I could roll my knees under it from the side... It rode super stiff, and was hell on tires, fuel, and my spine.

·
RS7 #203
298 Posts
I'm staying stock, but have the rs 7.0 which has the trd spring already on it. So I'm already lower. Anymore and id need to move to a new house.

And above with back problems, couldn't agree more. It's great to just turn and be at the right height.

·
SmElL iT fIrSt!!
74 Posts
RSxB 8 I installed the TRD suspension. 3/4" drop with 19" TRD's looks stock. Decided that its not good enough for me so i'm bagging it.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts