Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's box is this? Im loving the setup from what i can make looks like he is on df210's with the sportmax 002 with 0 offset but what type of spacers is he running? Looks like he is rolling on 195 50 15's im guessing. Does anyone know who box this is? I would like to ask him for details.

Thx

·
Registered
426 Posts
This is like the 25th box that has the same style as me and 24 others. lol. He is most likely running 10mm in the rear only. But I warn you that it will rub. Make sure you roll the rear fenders before your drop it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is like the 25th box that has the same style as me and 24 others. lol. He is most likely running 10mm in the rear only. But I warn you that it will rub. Make sure you roll the rear fenders before your drop it.
hahaha I hear you lol. In the pics it just looked alittle different, yeah the rolled fenders are an option that must be taken care of. How do you like driving with that much camber? How does it handle in the rain? Thx and your box looks great btw ;)

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Anyone tell me what tire size those look like on the black one?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Look like 185/60/15 to me the way they are streched. Could be 195 /50's but don't think so. Looks tight which ever it is.
yeah they looked really streached thats why I was wondering, they look like they are 185's but pics can throw you off.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Stockers are 185/60's aren't they, those look smaller than stretched stockers.

These are stretched stockers.

Attachments

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
185's are made to fit 4.5 to 7.0 rim put them on an 8.0 rim they stretch and will lose some of the height thus making them look smaller or lower profile.
195's are made to fit 5.5 to 7.0 so they too will stretch but not as much. 205 are made to fit 5.5 to 7.5 and so on.

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
^^^ good info, I love the tire stretch look :)
Yeah stretch look is sweet with the 185/60's. Just can't over do it they are fine for cruising but if you corner hard the tire will be riding on it's edge and sidewall and you lose the handling. 195's on 8" wheel is wide enough to get by ok should be fine. 185 is pushing it IMO would just ride low and slow with that set up which is what I do for the most part but I have my moments.:D

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah stretch look is sweet with the 185/60's. Just can't over do it they are fine for cruising but if you corner hard the tire will be riding on it's edge and sidewall and you lose the handling. 195's on 8" wheel is wide enough to get by ok should be fine. 185 is pushing it IMO would just ride low and slow with that set up which is what I do for the most part but I have my moments.:D
yeah I hear that lol. 195 would be a safe streatch for an 8" wheel, the proper 205 or 215 would be optimal but who wants optimal when you look so damn cool, am i right people lol.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I would bet money they are 195/50/15s. I would like to add, that the camo xB there is SICK. It was the one at Ames, and it was clean as all get out. Everything was so nice on it and was really clean looking.

Im pretty sure its the same one, just changed up a little:

One of my favorite cars there. I talked to the owner for a short time, but dont remember his real name. His screename on here, SL, and Scinergyie is "Dingo" though so you should be able to contact him, even though it looks like he doesnt post much.

Hope this helps.
Scotty

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
if that is the same xb, the stance and look with the sportmax looks so good!!! yeah they look really stretched and tall so by the looks of it im guessing 195 55 15 to. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
alright the verdict is in, and theyre 205/50/15s according to him. i just had to do some researching so to speak. he has OTG shims in the back (well he did at least) and was lowered on Hotchkis.

scotty

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
Sweet I'm getting 205/50's on my 501's since 205's are designed for up to 7.5 Wheel I thought there would be slight strecth but that looks HOT. Can't wait til they come.:cool:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
alright the verdict is in, and theyre 205/50/15s according to him. i just had to do some researching so to speak. he has OTG shims in the back (well he did at least) and was lowered on Hotchkis.

scotty

Really!!! Damn he had us fooled. Thanks for the info scotty u da man ;)

·
Registered
426 Posts
hahaha I hear you lol. In the pics it just looked alittle different, yeah the rolled fenders are an option that must be taken care of. How do you like driving with that much camber? How does it handle in the rain? Thx and your box looks great btw ;)
Im not running any camber whatsoever. By the wheels being even all the way around, my car looks like a toy tank. I need to post updated pics. The car has a lower stance now, looking real sweet. And your box looks goos too. Nice and simple.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.