Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To do a water/meth injection kit on a box and actually post some numbers...Especially for the boys with the firewall humping turbo manifolds, I think a little water will do you guys wonders...I am doing it on the tC, I already have the spearco water injection system, gonna mount the tank and pump inside my bumper, just waiting to gather up a few extra parts to start the install.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
your gonna really go that route? Man I wish you some good luck with that...I cant see that being to beneficial on these motors, it seems like its more trouble than its worth at this stage in the game...Tuning will be a pain in the a$$ I bet if you live in a seasonal area to get that car running perfect.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Simplyscion said:
your gonna really go that route? Man I wish you some good luck with that...I cant see that being to beneficial on these motors, it seems like its more trouble than its worth at this stage in the game...Tuning will be a pain in the a$$ I bet if you live in a seasonal area to get that car running perfect.
Man you've been gone for a while havent you? I have 128whp right now, and i'm the only one going the n/a route. Its extremely expensive compared to boosting, but i'm used to it from my first project. And tuning is a pain. heh

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol, I havent been a way that long have I :D I cant forget about where I originally came from...Im getting 2AZ'd out already, I needed to check out whats been goin on in the box world again lol. I know you did an all motor setup, but has that dude ever got the itb setup working yet? I just dont see how anyone is gonna be able to tune that thing for 4 itb's on a piggyback without kicking the tune out after a while...that stuff is crazy hard to do unless you guys are gonna go standalone...people can barely get the single tb setups tuned right, nevermind 3 more lol...well, maybe I should go read that thread as its been a while and I have no idea whats been going on...hopefully I can stick my foot in my mouth if I read that he has good sucess with it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Simplyscion said:
Lol, I havent been a way that long have I :D I cant forget about where I originally came from...Im getting 2AZ'd out already, I needed to check out whats been goin on in the box world again lol. I know you did an all motor setup, but has that dude ever got the itb setup working yet? I just dont see how anyone is gonna be able to tune that thing for 4 itb's on a piggyback without kicking the tune out after a while...that stuff is crazy hard to do unless you guys are gonna go standalone...people can barely get the single tb setups tuned right, nevermind 3 more lol...well, maybe I should go read that thread as its been a while and I have no idea whats been going on...hopefully I can stick my foot in my mouth if I read that he has good sucess with it.
I don't know what he plans to do but i believe his car is running, i'm going the standalone route once thats done. Also stronger motor mounts, port and polish head, and re-grind cam, shift kit and i'll be done. Should be good for low 13's maybe faster.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Ummmmmmm......not bashing the set up of the ITB'z, but you should have seen the smoke coming off his car!!!!! The engine bay is full of oil, and all over theplaceit does sound mean though.just rather stay N/A, just go the boost route. Has ne1 seen the new HKS set-up. Only creates 119whp :confused: Would it even be worth the time and effort?

·
Registered
214 Posts
BOXlover11 said:
Ummmmmmm......not bashing the set up of the ITB'z, but you should have seen the smoke coming off his car!!!!! The engine bay is full of oil, and all over theplaceit does sound mean though.just rather stay N/A, just go the boost route. Has ne1 seen the new HKS set-up. Only creates 119whp :confused: Would it even be worth the time and effort?
You also have to consider that because he "failed" with his itb set up, doesn't mean it can't be done. I had a 231whp n/a gsr, most of my experience is n/a, so i guess what i'm getting at, if someone can pull it off correctly, it will be me or the phone call i make to someone else that knows more than i do. I don't claim to know it all about n/a build ups, its quite impossible to even consider yourself or anyone else that knowledgable. However, i probably have more experience with it than anyone else here on the boards. Maybe not, but iwouldn't doubt i'm up there. :cool:

119whp with what other mods? You have to consider that 120whp on an auto is a 35-45whp increase, on an manual its a 25-35whp increase. I have gained almost 50whp from stock using mods and excellent tuning, hard to believe but its true. Specific mods, with the right specs and tuning, will amount to almost anything..well, within reason. You get my point. I have faith it will be done properly, if i fail, i'll admit its worthless. Untill then, i carry on with the hopes to make more power any turbo alone will put on this motor. Safely that is. Obviously stick a 18psi turbo and it will make power, but how reliable? Maybe an hour? lol

·
Registered
214 Posts
Also remember power to weight means much more than numbers, 120whp on a 2,400lbs or under if you have weight removed, means much more than 120whp on a 3,000lbs car. Think about it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Simplyscion said:
To do a water/meth injection kit on a box and actually post some numbers...Especially for the boys with the firewall humping turbo manifolds, I think a little water will do you guys wonders...I am doing it on the tC, I already have the spearco water injection system, gonna mount the tank and pump inside my bumper, just waiting to gather up a few extra parts to start the install.
Already got it. I have used it on every single one of my turbo cars. Ill post numbers as soon as I get a chance. I keep telling myself that I will do this and that with the car but man, after dynoing and tuning cars all day, I dont even want to think about another one, esp when Im not getting paid to do it. BTW, it wont really do anything to help with the turbo close to the firewall. WI is good for cooling intake charge temps and help prevent detonation. Your EGT wont change from it. You can do WI on an NA car but it wont be as beneficial as their temps dont get nearly as high as an FI car. The problem with going WI on a car NA like this one is that you need to find the right nozzle size for the power amount. Not many people make a nozzle for 140whp. Most I have seen is 175whp+

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
killerxromances said:
You also have to consider that because he "failed" with his itb set up, doesn't mean it can't be done. I had a 231whp n/a gsr, most of my experience is n/a, so i guess what i'm getting at, if someone can pull it off correctly, it will be me or the phone call i make to someone else that knows more than i do. I don't claim to know it all about n/a build ups, its quite impossible to even consider yourself or anyone else that knowledgable. However, i probably have more experience with it than anyone else here on the boards. Maybe not, but iwouldn't doubt i'm up there. :cool:

119whp with what other mods? You have to consider that 120whp on an auto is a 35-45whp increase, on an manual its a 25-35whp increase. I have gained almost 50whp from stock using mods and excellent tuning, hard to believe but its true. Specific mods, with the right specs and tuning, will amount to almost anything..well, within reason. You get my point. I have faith it will be done properly, if i fail, i'll admit its worthless. Untill then, i carry on with the hopes to make more power any turbo alone will put on this motor. Safely that is. Obviously stick a 18psi turbo and it will make power, but how reliable? Maybe an hour? lol
I never said he gave up or even failed. Twisting my words is a federal offense. I will be sending you 300+lbs stippers your way for punishment. lol!!! The set up for the HKS turbo is on newscionparts.com . pretty pricey site, but they get you the JDM if you want it. I know that it said you would need fuel rail, injectors, and the like. It can of course be upgraded w/ an IC also. I wonder if you added that stuff, how much you could push with proper tuning :confused:

·
Registered
179 Posts
There are a lot of things people forget. This engine is pretty darn advanced. Its got different characteristics and config than a honda motor. Honda motors are no tq, high reving engines where our 1nz is a torquey low revving engine. Our electronics also run differently. Heck the way our ecu's measure air and determine how much fuel to give are also different. Its not all about one particular part. Ignition design, head design, gas charge velocity, compression, etc all will affect your engines power output and efficiency.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
my friend is working on a MAP based ECU system for you guys...its gonna be a complete MAF delete kit and you could run an open cold side w/ or w/out a filter if you want...more to come soon but once this comes out you guys are all gonna be in the clear:D

·
mobbin
1,885 Posts
killerxromances said:
Man you've been gone for a while havent you? I have 128whp right now, and i'm the only one going the n/a route. Its extremely expensive compared to boosting, but i'm used to it from my first project. And tuning is a pain. heh

what mods are you running to get that much power n/a? thats a pretty good gain.

·
Registered
214 Posts
nnnickkk said:
are you running catless?
High flow cat. So no. :cool:

I'd estimate that a meth injection kit would put me around 138-140whp off the current set up. So 10-12whp, reasonable gains but who knows. I've never done a meth injection install on such a small motor, and usually people do it on f/i set ups.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.