Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like it says, who has wheel well light kits and what'd you use? Pics?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I got a kit from PepBoys for $70 and its nice, and i like it...

·
Registered
229 Posts
anyone have pics an where u mounted them? i have a set an still debating if i should put them on or wait untill i mount my 20's back on cause i dont wanna have any rubbin issue's wit these just yet. an they are the flex tube's.

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that was the intent of my question.....i would also like to see what and where they were used.

·
Registered
284 Posts
i have a set from varad let me take some pics and i will post them up, you can ask tazz he did the install and they are kick ass in my opinion, i like them i just might maybe put some more else where

·
Ain't too Funk to Druck.
17,243 Posts
i purchased this led tape lookin thing at pep boys for about 20 dollars. 12 inches +. could prolly use it too. i'm not sure how you'd stick it in the wheel wells, 3M tape?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I got mine from Glow Shift on eBay for about 50 bucks. Good quality lights, easy to install and they shine bright.

Here's Hookupman's from the day we installed them.

(much more visible at night)

·
Registered
8,923 Posts

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you Taz, you get what im asking....What you used and where you mounted it. I know where to get everything and how to install it. The maint point was to SEE what others have used and where they were mounted.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Thank you Taz, you get what im asking....What you used and where you mounted it. I know where to get everything and how to install it. The maint point was to SEE what others have used and where they were mounted.
I can't find the pics of the mounting, I know I took some. I just mounted them horizonitaly on the back of the wheel well as low as I could without hitting the tires. The rear drivers side was the most difficult because of the hoses for the gas tank.

·
i love my box
429 Posts
Equipment Not Permitted

You may not have on or in your vehicle:

* Red or blue emergency lights. These are for emergency and law enforcement vehicles only.

ok does this mean i cant have flashing red lights or no red lights period? i got this quote from here:
http://stateofflorida.com/Portal/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=214

·
Registered
195 Posts
That just says you can't have emergency lights but it's vauge enough to be left open to interpretation what exactly denotes an emergency light. You need to check with your local law enforcement.
Tennessee vehicle code specifically states flashing blue and/or red lights. Blue or red underglows don't fall under that catagory.

BTW Taz, thats one sweet a$$ ride..love the lights dude.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.