Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting a billet grille and am just wondering where the best place is to get one. I've looked on ebay, but I just can't bring myself to trust something that I can't hold in my hands before I buy it. Also, how easy is it to install?

·
Tha KrackaBox
328 Posts
If I were anyone I would buy the one available from Toyota. It's the absolute best I've seen. I plan on gettin it very soon. It comes with the bottom two though and I rather not have them because of the Fab bodykit I wanna get in the near future. Soo would anybody be iterested in buying from me the two lower chrome grilles? How bout what $150 sound right for the two?
Here's the auction btw
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SCIO...ewItemQQcategoryZ33645QQitemZ8019035485QQrdZ1

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Silent Slim said:
If I were anyone I would buy the one available from Toyota. It's the absolute best I've seen. I plan on gettin it very soon. It comes with the bottom two though and I rather not have them because of the Fab bodykit I wanna get in the near future. Soo would anybody be iterested in buying from me the two lower chrome grilles? How bout what $150 sound right for the two?
Here's the auction btw
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SCIO...ewItemQQcategoryZ33645QQitemZ8019035485QQrdZ1

The "Toyota" part is the same one that I sell from Putco. Not the same style, the same one. Putco makes them for the Gulf States region and they sell them as Toyota parts.

JSYK

-Alex

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That looks nasty Alex! That's definitely the cleanest one I've seen. What about mesh grilles? Anyone have info? Also who did your vinyl? Or is it paint. I saw a yellow one with the same racing stripe, but only on one side and it looks great.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I bought my top grill (with shipping) off of eBay for around $85:

and the bottoms for the same price (with shipping included) off of eBay.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Skeeter said:
Griz how does the putco grill mount? Does it use tie wraps or bolts?

Top grille is a full replacement. It sits in the stock mount on the bottom and the top bolts directly to the upper tie bar using two bolts that are already there.

The two bottom grilles are overlays. Each has two studs that extend through the honeycomb grille. There are padded washers and nylock wing nuts that go on those studs to secure them. No zip ties at all.

-Alex

·
Registered
17 Posts
so besides the prices, does anyone know how to install em?? its way cheaper to do it youself but i dont know if i gotta take the bumper off or drill or anthing, pictures would be cool too. any idea of what to do and if I could do it is all :)

·
Registered
402 Posts
WOW... old thread.

as for the top grill, its just popping off 3 tabs with a flathead screwdriver and putting the billet one back on... now, some though, u have to make brackets. depending on which one you get. i dont know about the bottom 2 though as i have Fig grilles on the 2 bottom ones. had to use zip ties for those.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.