Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone chime in that runs a sway bar.

Here is why I ask-

I have spent $$ to make the box ride smoother (Tenzo R springs, Monroe struts and shocks, keeping 15" rim size), it rides great.

Question is-

Will a sway bar (progress or Whiteline) de-grade the ride quality, as far as smooth.

I don't want to buy one and kill the nice ride I have made, but I'd like a little less body roll in the corners. So would a sway bar be worth it to me?? I am debating getting one or not. I am trying to get a mix of sport without killing the ride comfort. Right now I am happy with ride comfort, so I don't want to kill it for sport. It's a hard thing to balance :)

So give me a before and after butt comparison, was the ride stiffened after the install? Was it a little, a lot?

Or should I just spend $$ else where and call suspension good (which is the way I’m leaning now).

Cheers

·
Registered
325 Posts
I found no difference in ride quality at all. Indeed by the design of most sway bars the feel of the ride as far as harshness or bumpieness is not effected. What the sway bars did do (I installed a Hotchkiss set in my xB) was to make the car turn faster with considerable less body roll. I suppose when pushing the suspension in a hard turn perhaps the ride is a little firmer (a good thing), under normal driving you should feel virtually no difference in ride.

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
I love my progress bar - my Fwy commute does not suffer but when I need to dodge in and out of all the truckers on my way to the docks its nice to have that firm feel and responisiveness.(<<<is that a word???)

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I have the progress. It definitely helps in the turns.

·
Registered
325 Posts
responisiveness.(<<<is that a word???)
Responsiveness I believe is a word :) And that is exactly what the sway bars do is add responsiveness.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SWEET!!

Thanks for the reply's

Those are the anwsers I was hoping for :D

Looks like time to order a sway bar.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have both Progress and white line on the back of mine and it rides like a tank.
The progress wont stiffen the ride but the Whiteline will for sure

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have both Progress and white line on the back of mine and it rides like a tank.
The progress wont stiffen the ride but the Whiteline will for sure
Good to know, thanks.

I am looking at the Progress tpye anyway so I don't have to worry about bushing wearing out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.