Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my Whiteline rear sway bar today! Courtesy of heyalex6, I am now the proud owner of this part. If it came a few hours earlier TODAY, I'd be out installing it since it's nice enough to do so. HOWEVER, I have to work at 5, so buying the new bushings and then coming back to install won't happen today.

I'll let you all know when it's installed, maybe a few undercarriage pics, and then a nice synopsis of how the car handles. There are MANY a bend that I drive on to work, so we'll see what can be pushed and what can't.

More to come in the next few weeks if the weather is nice!

·
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You sir, are a TRUE Gentleman. THANK YOU for sharing the wealth. If it is nice tomorrow, I'll get the bushings and install this bad boy.

Believe me when I say it's definitely gonna do it's job, it's a pretty heavy part!!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Just received my Whiteline rear sway bar today! Courtesy of heyalex6, I am now the proud owner of this part. If it came a few hours earlier TODAY, I'd be out installing it since it's nice enough to do so. HOWEVER, I have to work at 5, so buying the new bushings and then coming back to install won't happen today.

I'll let you all know when it's installed, maybe a few undercarriage pics, and then a nice synopsis of how the car handles. There are MANY a bend that I drive on to work, so we'll see what can be pushed and what can't.

More to come in the next few weeks if the weather is nice!

great to hear it came in already!

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
thanks

beats others opinions of me, and your welcome.
i just missed that sale from hayalex6 was at work when it was posted.
anyway found a west coast seller of whitelines with them in stock im happy.:)

·
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I read a post earlier about the Whiteline, and all signs pointed to yes. When I saw that hayalex6 was selling it, I HAD to jump on it.

Thank you Hayalex6 for the part, and thank you sdsnybny for the write-up, it's definitely gonna make things MUCH EASIER to do.

I can't wait, if it was warmer tonight I'd be out there cranking away right now!! LOL

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
boom box

just buck-up i did my spring install in my driveway in the rain at 43 deg
just couldn't wait with the mods sitting there calling out to me. lol:D

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Yeah, I read a post earlier about the Whiteline, and all signs pointed to yes. When I saw that hayalex6 was selling it, I HAD to jump on it.

Thank you Hayalex6 for the part, and thank you sdsnybny for the write-up, it's definitely gonna make things MUCH EASIER to do.

I can't wait, if it was warmer tonight I'd be out there cranking away right now!! LOL
oh, remember to tighten everything down when you're at ride height....soooo you need ramps of some sort.

·
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Heh, sounds like when I got my wheels a few months back. It was rainy, cold, but I HAD to have em on!!

Eh, autozone is closed, so I can't get the bushings I need.

Maybe I should start a 24hr. autoparts store...........

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
sorry

it took so long been dealing w/ other issues :( (later post) i went through whitelines site thoroughly and found a list of distributors and low and behold i found PDM racing in B.C. Canada 2 hours from Seattle. currently the BTR76 is not on there website but contact don and he will set you up. when i purchased mine he still had 2 more in stock. seems he stocks a dozen or so each year for the echo crowd in Quebec on the east coast. Don wasn't even aware they fit xB and xA.:eek: if enough interest he will probably stock more.:) mine will be here the 29th but will be a month or more before i can itstall :(
they are 175.00 plus shipping unfortunatly no paypal
please tell him i sent you Steve Doud

http://www.pdm-racing.com/
[email protected]

·
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Modification on a slow-down. New tools on the way to make sure job is done correctly. Look for pics of my dirty undercarriage in the coming weeks!

·
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Holy crap! Sears don't mess around when you get stuff from their online store!

Tools came today. I hope next weeks forecast is lookin' warm. Well, at least sunny.

Stay tuned!

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
here's some pics:)
might have to relocate exhaust its close ;)

Getting Ready

Clean your member thoroughly;) ;) ;)

step one take off shock bolts and hang end link mounts (not tight yet)

Step two mount bar and secure bushings with u bolts (just snug for now)

Last step put suspension under normal load and secure all bolts
admire your work oh..a and test drive the sh&T out of it :D :D :D

·
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hahahaha! It's still sitting in the living room. We had a cold front come in (and I haven't gone to get the bushings yet) so it's been rather slow. I know, I'm such a chode. LOL. I will try to get it on this coming weekend, NEXT Sunday to be exact, as I'm working some double shifts and a full Saturday night this weekend. Really, I just need to get the bushings.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'll be gettin my Whiteline rear sway bar in the next month or so. I live in the lake arrowhead area of San Bernadino and go down the hill twice a week or so. Lotsa windy roads and I drive rather aggresively so I know i should notice a big differance.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I went to the website for gt works, they note "please allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery. I guess this part is made in Australia. The distributer is global performance but i went to their site and every one of the models they list, when you click on that item it comes up out of stock. So, i guess i have to call these peoples. I was going to order in about 2 weeks, I would rather not have to wait 4 to 6 weeks after that. I'm in southern california, if anyone knows of sumthin local....HOLLAA!!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.