Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya,

New guy around and I've just recently bought a Polar White 04 xB and of course I'm looking to customize.

Does anyone know if they even make white carbon fiber parts at all? and if so where can I get them at. While I like the black carbon it just doesn't grab me on the white body.

Also I'm in the San Diego area and my last car that I even played around with was a 1970 VW Karman Ghia back in 1990. Where do you folks shop at in this town for parts (custom and aftermarket)?

Right now I'm looking to get new rims and tires, cold air intake and exhaust.

Thanks

·
Registered
193 Posts
hey new guy!! i'm not in cali so i don't know...but i say welcome...and there are plenty of guys here that can help you

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Cool, glad you made it over! I'm interested too! You might want to check into this ("Carbon fiber wishlist?"):

timfiredog said:
I already have CF door panels in the works. They will be avaliable in multiple colored carbon. I should have the prototypes in Feb sometime. cost is undertermined at this time, but the CAD designs look freaking sweet.

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
Hey new guy, colored carbon is actually very easy to obtain through the proper channels. I luckily have a friend who works at a plant. If you shoot me a list of what you are after, I can research it for you.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
timfiredog said:
Hey new guy, colored carbon is actually very easy to obtain through the proper channels. I luckily have a friend who works at a plant. If you shoot me a list of what you are after, I can research it for you.
Cool Tim. Does your friend offer anything in white? (Interior/Exterior)

·
Registered
845 Posts
timfiredog said:
he material is easy to find but to get someone to make the parts is another story I have found 1 place out of all the places around that will even consider what I want its autofasions in miramar

·
Registered
1,638 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Still looking good EvilDave. Those cannards are hot!

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kevlar is what most of the places I visited today told me about. While not much of an increase in price it still was more than the carbon fiber.

So far the parts I'd be interested would be the hood, fender flares and a few interior items.

I went out and checked out a place in Poway and got some good prices on a set of 17's with tires. Also a cold air intake and cat back exhaust which I'll most likely be getting here soon.

Thanks for the welcomes and the info.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
EVILDAVE said:
Here's some silver for ya!

I also have the hatch handle in silver.
What do you got under the rear license plate?

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
Carbon is actually very easy to manipulate as long as you are not using it for integrity. The layup is very similar to fiberglass, but making it look pretty is the hard part. And yes, he can do almost any color I need.

·
Registered
168 Posts
true CARBON FIBER only comes in BLACK. It is carbon after all.

Any other color or variations you see... orange, silver, yellow, whatever - those are other varieties such as Kevlar, Fiberglass, Aramid, Aluminized Kevlar (silver) etc etc etc. They're not any worse (often times better) than CF, they're just different.

If it's 100% true CARBON fiber you want - any color you want. As long as it's black.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.