Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm purchasing a 2006 Scion xB 2nd gen pretty soon here & was wondering which would be a better purchase.

I'll probably be installing it myself with some help from a buddy, but I definitely want to know how hard it'll be for either of them. It'll be my first time switching out something in a car at all, but I don't want to pay for installation if I don't have to.

Anyway I was wondering if the 2014 OEM HU even compatible? Is it plug & play? Also, I plan to install a backup camera so I need to know which would do a better job. And again, the easiest to install the camera to.

If you have any other recommendations for a HU, then let me know. But I've been reading around the forum and everyone seems to think Pioneer is a good brand. Also, let me know which backup cameras I should check out as well.

---------- Post added 01-28-2015 at 03:00 AM ----------

Please any kind of advice would be greatly appreciated!

If you have links with DIY for beginners or a guide to help me out at least, that'd be great.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I would go with after market over OEM, personally. But, I would skip the AppRadio options. Mostly because the AppRadio 4 has all of the features you want for smart phone compatibility but no optical drive.

Instead, go for an NEX model. Judging by your post, I would say the AVH-4100NEX would fit the bill for you pretty well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would go with after market over OEM, personally. But, I would skip the AppRadio options. Mostly because the AppRadio 4 has all of the features you want for smart phone compatibility but no optical drive.

Instead, go for an NEX model. Judging by your post, I would say the AVH-4100NEX would fit the bill for you pretty well.
Hmm yeah I think I'll end up going with an after market HU instead.

But that specific model you suggested might be a bit out of my budget range. I'll probably get the model below that or something.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Check out the DIYMA classifieds for a good deal on a used Pioneer NEX unit. I know there was an AVH-4000NEX listed on their recently.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts