Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be installing a reverse camera into a 2014 Scion XB with the factory Pioneer head unit. I would like to know which plug and play reverse camera harness to get. Im deciding between the following:

PAC CAM-TY11 - Their website only goes up to 2013, not sure if it will work on a 2014.

Camera Source CS-TDA132

Beat Sonic BCUS3

Anyone have any feed back on either of the kits. Please keep in mind I want this to be a simple plug and play operation. I don not want to tap into any reverse trigger wires. I posted this on other XB forums to try to get the best answer possible. Thanks.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I will be installing a reverse camera into a 2014 Scion XB with the factory Pioneer head unit. I would like to know which plug and play reverse camera harness to get. Im deciding between the following:

PAC CAM-TY11 - Their website only goes up to 2013, not sure if it will work on a 2014.

Camera Source CS-TDA132

Beat Sonic BCUS3

Anyone have any feed back on either of the kits. Please keep in mind I want this to be a simple plug and play operation. I don not want to tap into any reverse trigger wires. I posted this on other XB forums to try to get the best answer possible. Thanks.
About the reverse trigger wires...check your local laws, many states don't allow a monitor that the driver can see to be able to function while driving except while in reverse.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Installed a TaoTronics TT-CC04 Car Rear View Camera from Amazon. I think it was $8.00.

Removed the hatch interior panel. Snaked the camera wires gently through the rubber grommet at the top left of the hatch. Then removed the license plate visor/surround piece and then drilled a small hole in the license plate visor/surround piece and routed the wire through a small hole in the rubber rear door latch. Also used a small dab of black silicon when mounting the camera just to seal the holes and add a little adhesion to the chrome mount.

Used a the 16 pin Backup Camera Harness - Item# 7549 with reverse trigger wire option from AutoHarnessHouse.com on eBay for $34.00. (Instructions were great.) Highly recommend these folks and their haresses.

Connected it all to a PT546-00140 - 2014 Scion Pioneer 6.1 Touchscreen Bespoke Head Unit I installed in my 2013 xB. (Did the exact same thing on my wife's xD, but used an eBay camera that replaced one of the license plate lights.)

Took about 3 hours - snaking the wiring and wire-tying everything too the most time, plus, I like to go slow in an attempt to avoid aggravating errors.

Works great. The TaoTronics TT-CC04 does not have an measurements with the grid lines just green, yellow, & red lines as indicators.

Good luck!

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts