Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
If by "system" you mean the iPod upgrade to the stock Scion head unit, they all work with it.

·
Registered
869 Posts
what kind of inputs do you have?.....do you still have the factory headunit?...i bought a thing on installer.com...it plugs into the back of the factory headunit it's a little box with a wire harness ....then you plug in a cable that has two male rca plugs on one end and a headphone jack on the other end....the rca side plugs into the little box and the headphone jack plugs into the ipod....i works really good!.....the only downside of it is it dosnt charge the ipod....but for under $70 its the best thing out there for the price and you will get the best sound quality

·
Registered
869 Posts
if you go to this site its right on the home page called "auxiliary inputs" and then you scroll down and choose the one for your car.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
If you have an 06 or 06 1/2 you already have a mini plug input like the one described above, no need to purchase another input device.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies, but let me be a little more clear. I have an 06 that has the IPOD plug down by the E-Brake. I just won an I-Pod shuffle 1g at my company xmas party. The the adapter I have that came with the box does not even come close to plugging to my new Ipod.

Heck, the Ipod is dang near bigger than the plug itself!!!!
Do I need to buy a different adapter, or do I need a different I-pod.

Thanks Guys

Rock

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Ipod may sell an adapter, I want the shuffle for x-mas!

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Rockcrawler69 said:
Thanks for the replies, but let me be a little more clear. I have an 06 that has the IPOD plug down by the E-Brake. I just won an I-Pod shuffle 1g at my company xmas party. The the adapter I have that came with the box does not even come close to plugging to my new Ipod.

Thanks Guys

Rock
I don't think the iPod radio will play shuffles. Just the video, mini, and nano's.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Rockcrawler69 said:

Thanks Guys

Rock

Did you pay for the iPod upgrade on our head unit? If you did there should be two inputs in the center console by the parking brake handle. One will say iPod on the cover. If you don't have this you don't have the iPod upgrade and you only have the mini plug input that comes stock on the 06 model.

* Steph, I think your'e right about the shuffle not playing through the deck. I heard that it doesn't play through any head unit due to the software, you can't select tracks or playlists...hence the name "shuffle" :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.