Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stock with bB badge

or OD Grill?

Seems the more I look at my car the more it looks better with the stock grill, but everyone keeps complimenting me on my OD grill. I guess I could just keep swapping them back and forth.

·
Registered
537 Posts
OD with stock headlights and no bra. I dont really like the halos, the OD looks so nice, but the halos look cheap and makes the front in to busy. It knida clashes with the simple clean look of the OD IMO.

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
BB flows better, OD just looks unusual, thats why everyone notices. I really like the look of OD but i think it looks better on TCM than anything else.
After looking at the pic i think OD will look killer if you put vinyl over it( the same as your bra is made of, or similar).

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
OD with stock headlights and no bra. I dont really like the halos, the OD looks so nice, but the halos look cheap and makes the front in to busy. It knida clashes with the simple clean look of the OD IMO.
Agree on that^^^

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I need to swap grilles and see what the halos look like with the stock grille tomorrow. That might end up being the best combo especially if I can get a fff for it (pretty unlikely though)

It does have yellow fog lights on it now too, I know it's dirty and it's a crappy cell phone pic :p

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I agree also ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
The ONLY problem I have with the OD (Open Deck) grille, is that everyone that sports it isn't converting their xB to an Open Deck xB. That's the reason I don't like it on the car. Then again, people will chime in with the whole, "the xB isn't a bB" thing, and rightfully so. It's not a bB. So I really shouldn't complain, but my opinion is the stock grille with the bB badge. At least the exterior of the car looks like a bB, but not an OD bB.

It's a good grille, I'd personally run the DAMD grille though since it's smooth.

·
AKA Black Box
322 Posts
the OD was a japan ran model....not brought to the US, wish it had been though!!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Just the "look" (not getting into bB or OD or xB politics or sensibilities) I prefer a black stock grill with a small emblem (something other than the Scion "Pig Nose" emblem).

Mine isn't a bB, so I haven't gone with the bB emblem. Right now I have a temporary emblem on a BSP grill on my PW box.

(http://www.clubxb.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=3106)

With the two options you ask about I like both, but I prefer the dark stock grill. :)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.