Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking of upgrading my exhaust to a "higher end" cat back / exhaust system in the likes of Greddy, Tanabe, Borla, Magnaflow, etc.
I'm looking for a low/deep growl w/o being loud. Dose anyone have any experience in this area that can be of help? Your input is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :)
Eric

·
Registered
813 Posts
ThunderGod said:
I've been thinking of upgrading my exhaust to a "higher end" cat back / exhaust system in the likes of Greddy, Tanabe, Borla, Magnaflow, etc.
I'm looking for a low/deep growl w/o being loud. Dose anyone have any experience in this area that can be of help? Your input is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :)
Eric
strup with a custom cut 2.5 tubing

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I used to have a Tanabe, and it was really quiet. 78 dB, 4k rpm, no load, INJEN SRI.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have an oval Magnaflow (14814) w/ a 2.25" custom cat-back. I've got a Injen SRI and the MMW header.

originally, I didn't have a resinator and I thought it had too much "rasp" when I got on it - sounded sick when I was just sitting still, though. so I added a 18" resinator and now I have 0 rasp. I think it sounds great, but I would like a little more "growl". I'm guessing I should've gone w/ a 12" resinator.

sound is subjective. I'm guessing you're gonna wanna hear something in person. best of luck Eric. you gonna angle the muffler or keep it straight?

·
Registered
520 Posts
i would go with the greddy evo2....quietest exhaust i have heard on the market....if you plan on doing a high-flow cat.....i wouldn't recommend this cause it sounds horrible but if you are keeping the stock cat....i highly recommend this exhaust....

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have the magnaflow exhuast and its sound is a deep growl but im takin that off an going with the greddy evo II system, ( not sure how thats gunna sound soif n e 1 knows please tell me) so if n e 1 wants to buy a used magna flow (2" in 3" out) just let me know.

·
Registered
179 Posts
scionxbman said:
i have the magnaflow exhuast and its sound is a deep growl but im takin that off an going with the greddy evo II system, ( not sure how thats gunna sound soif n e 1 knows please tell me) so if n e 1 wants to buy a used magna flow (2" in 3" out) just let me know.
How can you replace the Magnaflow with a Greddy? The magnaflow is a true catback where as the Greddy is an axle back. Are you going to have the stock piping welded back on? IMO, the Magnaflow is by far the best exhaust for the car...performance wise.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My thoughts also. Do you have the whole Maganflow cat back system or just the Magnaflow muffler with other piping? If you have the whole cat back, i am def interested. Let me know. Or, if you are interested in the TRD setup, i have that and would trade.

·
Registered
120 Posts
jones75254 said:
Tye Rsr GT2 sounds sick. Low growl even at idle, there r sound clips on here, do a search. For sound i would say RSR GT2, for overall i would go with magnaflow cat back. Just my opinion
I have this on my xB and it sounds awesome! I waited until I heard the sound clips on SL and that's what sold me on the RSR GT2. It comes with the removable baffle that I took out as soon as I got it :D It is just an axle-back though.

·
Registered
179 Posts
misformartin said:
the magnaflow sounds mean on idle ant when you get on it sounds reallly low and deep tone... even on highway speed... install is cake...
I agree with you. I have seen others that sound ok, RSR, Greddy, etc. but they all sound ***** or like fat cans when WOT on high rpm. I went with the Magnaflow because for a little bit more it was worth getting the catback. Install is easy as their instrcutions with pictures are not hard to follow at all. The only thing was that the stock rubber hangers are a PITA to take out.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.