Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This might be the dumbest question I've ever asked about a car before, but which end goes up in the rear? I'm guessing the way shown since I've yet to be under the car yet and they look different than other rear xb springs.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I have to say it's not a dumb question...cause I have no idea either! The dealer put mine in. I would have to guess though that you would be able to read the logo once installed. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
My buddy who does all the suspension work at the dealership here is a pretty damn smart guy when it comes to these things.

He and I installed my springs with the dead coils on top, but I have seen them done both ways. Since he is the master tech though, I'm going to go with what he says.

-Alex

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what got me,the lettering would end up being upside down the way I thought it should go. Which led me to that question. It seems they can be put in either way too. Every spring I ever did only fit one way and it was obvious which way they went too.

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
I have no clue?

how is that mp3 player workin for ya? They are on sale at the Best Buy by me for a really good price. Thought about pickin one up just to have a small one for myself :p Wifey has the big daddy player :D

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's great for the price. I haven't had a problem with it and it keeps me somewhat unbored at work. Plus it's expandable, so now my camera is always missing it memory card now. It's way better than that ipod shuffle my friend got to try and out do me. She ended up paying $20 more for half the memory,but it looks cuter according to her and that's all that matters lol.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I'd say go by the lettering. I don't see why they would print their name upside down.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i've got the same springs i put'em lettering up, put'em in about 3 months ago & no problems got about 2 1/2" drop! & the ride didn't change

·
TEAM RED CUP
278 Posts
smoke20 said:
That's what got me,the lettering would end up being upside down the way I thought it should go. Which led me to that question. It seems they can be put in either way too. Every spring I ever did only fit one way and it was obvious which way they went too.
i just put my megans in on Monday, and had the lettering right side up. But I did notice that on the driver side that the dead coils were on the top, and on the passenger side it was on the bottom. I went in again last night and switched the passenger side over, so the lettering in upside down. To me Id rather the spring be the same and not the lettering. and IMO i think megan just stamps and make one rear spring and sends you two. Thats why you might have to flip it over.

·
TEAM RED CUP
278 Posts
grizzly_choppers said:
My buddy who does all the suspension work at the dealership here is a pretty damn smart guy when it comes to these things.

He and I installed my springs with the dead coils on top, but I have seen them done both ways. Since he is the master tech though, I'm going to go with what he says.

-Alex
thats what i would do!

·
TEAM RED CUP
278 Posts
smoke20 said:
I put them on right side up and lettering facing out, worked for me, guess mine were stamped right
so your coils are the same on both sides? dead coils on the top or bottom? and the logo is right side up?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dead coils at the bottom lettering right side up and lettering pointing to the outside. It doesn't really seem to matter as long as you have the rubber things in them right. Mine were noisy for a day or so and now don't make a noise at all so they must be in right.

·
TEAM RED CUP
278 Posts
i guess so, which ever works out. Its so easy to do the backs, so if we wanted to switch um around to test no biggie. ;)

·
Registered
198 Posts
ya thats been a ongoing question around here (cr iowa) ive got my tanabes dfs so the dead coils are at the bottom but the lettering is upside down, all the pics ive found have dead coils at the bottom, my friend called tanabe and they said the writing should be right side up, so confusing but im guessing it doesnt really make a difference

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.