Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
better yet, which company do you not recommend for Lip Kits? I am trying to see if I can pull off getting a lip kit with my check I got from my accident (depending if the body shop can repair the upper half of the bumper). So, I have been looking around a lot and found some I really like, but am not sure which companies are good or bad. Then, I thought, if I can't get the bumper repaired then I'll just get a new bumper like this (I really like this one and I know I don't have a double exhaust, but can figure something out):

Can anyone help me out with this or send me some links my way? It is going to be a little bit before I get my bumper put on and I want to make sure it's what I want.

Thanks in advance for your help!:p

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Tammie, beware of some "copies". Some fit good, others fit worse. When you have a few kits in mind, let me know.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
DO NOT let them repair that bumper! That bumper is fV<K'd, a new one is less than $150.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
My front and back lips from ABS Dynamics fit really well. They aren't supported like the factory lips, but they probably don't need that much support.

I'm not as fond of the side skirts, but they fit okay.

Pictures later today if I get the damn thing done.

-Alex

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, well it looks like we are getting a new bumper. I think I can get a new (not stock) bumper (like the pic above). Thanks for your help on this, I just wanted to see what I could do cuz I want to get this taken care of soon.:)

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
boxwrench said:
Thanks for the input, it's nice to have a proffesional opinion on it:D
I second that! So, a new bumper it is! Guess we will be shopping around for a new bumper. Maybe with my settlement, I can get the lip kit later.;)

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, with a little searching....ok A LOT of searching we finally found a local place with this bumper (Tarmac Series):

I think we can save some money and be able to purchase something on the side if we play our cards right moneywise.

Thanks for your help!:)

·
Registered
949 Posts

are you sure the place has the bumper i was talking to someone that wanted that whole kit and he has been waiting a year so far to get it....

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, so waiting on a call back from Andys Auto Place to see if the bumper is in stock. Looks like I won't have a bumper this week, hopefully next week.;)

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
hey tammie remember that most aftermarket bumpers will sit a good ammount lower than than the stock one. if you don't go for the whole body kit your car will look funny from the side because the side skirts are so much higher that the new bumper.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yellow_sub said:
hey tammie remember that most aftermarket bumpers will sit a good ammount lower than than the stock one. if you don't go for the whole body kit your car will look funny from the side because the side skirts are so much higher that the new bumper.
Thanks! Didn't know that and I'm glad you brought that up. I do plan on getting a full kit (of course when I have the money to get it) in the near future.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
cool. i can't to see what you gonna get. make sure that if you do buy the bumper seperatly that there is a body kit to go with it. so ya don't have to mix and match kits together.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yellow_sub said:
cool. i can't to see what you gonna get. make sure that if you do buy the bumper seperatly that there is a body kit to go with it. so ya don't have to mix and match kits together.
Yeah, there's a full kit that goes with it and we like it! We picked the bumper for that reason.:p

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My bumper is suppose to be arriving this week, here's what I ordered:

I am so excited!!:D

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yellow_sub said:
now you need to get dual exhaust for the box.
Actually we may just hide it and put black mesh over the openings.:p

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.