Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wireing some cold cathodes into my car and when I hooked up the last one, all the lights hooked up on the circurit died. I must have screwed up the wiring. I'm pretty sure I blew the fuse to the 12 volt lighter since that's what everything was attached to.

I've checked the 2 fuse boxes (one by the hood release and one on the driver side under the hood) I know of and can't find one that sounded like it'd be for the cig. lighter.

I pulled each and every little fuse out and looked at them all, they all looked ok. Am I missing a fuse box? I can't seem to find a bad fuse. Where is this fuse located?

·
Registered
260 Posts
been there, done that!

The fuse box under the dash fuse #24 = third row, first fuse , 15amp for clock and cig. lighter Also double check for continuity, sometimes the fuses are blown, but look like they are fine

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
In the dash fuse panel, the "ACC" fuse -

Fuse 13...

:)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hmmm!

On tomas' manual, its #13, in mine its # 24, either way they are both first fuse in the third row! Tomas, is your book for an '06? I'm reading of my '05 manual?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys

Well It may be 1 am here, but I'm going to go replace my fuse and see if all the pretty lights fire up again.

·
Registered
260 Posts
fer sure.....

I can't sleep untill i resolve little screw ups like this too!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bad news for me.

Well I went out and pulled the fuse, looked just fine but I replaced it anyway. Tried the lights, they're still all dead, and right as I reached for the key to turn the car off I notice the clock was working.

So I tested the lighter, and it heated up.

So the lighter fuse didn't trip, I have my cold cathodes tied into the factory under the dash lights. Is there a fuse for these somewhere I can't find? I checked under the switch and found nothing.

·
Registered
485 Posts
chrisdesil said:
Well I went out and pulled the fuse, looked just fine but I replaced it anyway. Tried the lights, they're still all dead, and right as I reached for the key to turn the car off I notice the clock was working.

So I tested the lighter, and it heated up.

So the lighter fuse didn't trip, I have my cold cathodes tied into the factory under the dash lights. Is there a fuse for these somewhere I can't find? I checked under the switch and found nothing.
i tried using those to power my CC's too and i accidently crossed the wires and blew the fuse im assuming. I have no clue as to where the power to those things are coming from. Anyone have a clue? I tried following the wires but they lead up under the dash and i really dont wanna take the dash apart to find out that i didnt need to do that. Im really curious as to where the factory LED's are fused at

·
Registered
176 Posts
there is a fuse for the scion light kit. it is an in-line fuse holder, yellow in color. i believe it should be under the console or the small cover under the center of the dash (in front of shifter). it's been a while since i've done one. the power leads tap off the cig lighter and the fuse should be between there and the switch.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
fuse location found

He's right, it's under the shifter, just a little bit above where they mount the switch under the hand break (I drive stick, may be in a different location on a auto)

I found it on my own this morning when I back tracked the wires. Mine held a 2 amp, 250 volt fuse. Was difficult to find a replacement for me. Seemed like I couldn't find high voltage fuses with low amperage.

But I found one, fixed all the wires and everything glows pretty now!

Hurray! And thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
On tomas' manual, its #13, in mine its # 24, either way they are both first fuse in the third row! Tomas, is your book for an '06? I'm reading of my '05 manual?
Mine's the 04-05 wiring. No idea why the difference in numbering. *shrug*

Heh. Makes a difference what exactly you tie to for power as to what might have blown, eh?

Here's the doc I'd have referred you to if you'd said you'd tied to the light kit wiring instead of the lighter... :)
http://tijil.org/Manuals/Installation Manuals/0001679001Scion Light Kit.pdf

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.