Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I wanna see what you guys have been up to lately with the blowers and baby snails. I havent seen to many posts about em so bring out what you got:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i need to find someone with a scanner cause I only have old old pictures on the computer. I have a whole roll of film sittin here at my desk from the afternoon before the guy picked the car up from me.
heres a pre street run shot before I put the bumper on(everyones seen this picture I think). The engine bay changed up a lot as well after I finished the turbo...switched out BOV's, vacuum hoses, boost controllers etc.


Heres project number 2

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,726 Posts
ah man i love that pic! i need boost badly :-( what did you end up puttin down for hp numbers? timeslips?

for the tC, are you running TRD with header, intake, and some other bolt-ons i assume?

scotty
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ScionScotty said:
ah man i love that pic! i need boost badly :-( what did you end up puttin down for hp numbers? timeslips?

for the tC, are you running TRD with header, intake, and some other bolt-ons i assume?

scotty
6 psi pulls on the dyno 10.5-11.8 AFR/extremely safe on timing= 123whp on automatic on a dyno jet. 8 psi brought me up to around 137whp and I have no idea what I was pulling when I would hit 13 psi on the weekend. I dunno but it had to be big numbers at 13 psi
P.S= I ran 13 psi numerous passes and never blew a rod. It all had to do with rich tuning, retarded timing and a return line fuel setup(boost goes up, fuel pressure goes up).
I never ran it at the track cause I never cared to drive 2.5 hours to get it to the track...it just wasnt that type of car for it to be worth it to me.

As far as the tC goes, supercharger, alpha header, 2.5" spipe back with the TRD axle back. NonStopTuning 9.5psi pulley, Forge 007 Diverter valve, Custom modified K&N short ram intake, plug and play custom tuned Unichip with 2 different fuel maps switchable on the fly(already tuned but way to rich for now so I pulled it out till next week). Fidanza 9 lb aluminum flywheels, clutchmasters stage 2 kevlar clutch and Creative Compacts short throw shifter...as far as the other goodies, I will let the pictures do the talking when Im done...I will give you guys a hint though...its not an intercooler :D
 

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
Joined
·
3,841 Posts
Vito, you're the only w/ the Kahunas big enuff to run any of that stuff!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hehehehehe:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
Vito, mine is maxed out at about 146hp with a max boost of about 7-8 psi. I don't have any good looking picture like yours though. I haven't taken mine to the track yet either because I don't know where one is close to where I live and because of the problems I've been having with the Apexi SAFC 2 not cutting it. Of course, from my previous post, that will be resolved very soon along with the slippage issue from the stock clutch.
 

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
Joined
·
3,841 Posts
The bBist xB was dyno'd at 145 whp, and still needs to be fine tuned.

I would ditch the SAFC-ii and go w/ E-manage or E-manage Ultimate.

The ECU is self-correcting, thus any changes will not hold for more than a few miles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
Squirrel, I am going with the Haltech stand-alone actually, but definitely will ditch the Apexi, fortunately I think I can still sell it on ebay!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
or throw it up on the other site...one of the tC boyz will probly take it
 

·
mertechperformance
Joined
·
1,478 Posts
i just hope to bejesus that the greddy gets carb approved. it just isn't fair. either never be fast or get put in jail. I hate both of those options.
 

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
Joined
·
3,841 Posts
bbist said:
145hp at the wheels with 7psi



-Steve :cool:
^^^And there it is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
squirrel said:
^^^And there it is.

That is totally gorgeous!! I've always loved the bbist BB...

I'm getting ready to drop my greddy SC into mine in a few weeks once all the interior/body/audio is done... it's a 5 speed with the following setup
Greddy S/C Tuned to 8lbs + Emanage blue
perrin fuel rail
AEM CAI + Intake port
DC 4-1' headers
Greddy Sup2 exhaust + custom catback
NGK IX -1 Plugs
Nology Wires

I'm hoping to push 130ish, I've also got some ideas for combining a wet kit <35 and bigger injectors/fuel pump, and doing a return style conversion...
 

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
Joined
·
3,841 Posts
cz3ch said:
That is totally gorgeous!! I've always loved the bbist BB...

I'm getting ready to drop my greddy SC into mine in a few weeks once all the interior/body/audio is done... it's a 5 speed with the following setup
Greddy S/C Tuned to 8lbs + Emanage blue
perrin fuel rail
AEM CAI + Intake port
DC 4-1' headers
Greddy Sup2 exhaust + custom catback
NGK IX -1 Plugs
Nology Wires

I'm hoping to push 130ish, I've also got some ideas for combining a zex wet kit <35 and bigger injectors/fuel pump, and doing a return style conversion...
Please post up ics when its finished. I'd like to see how the Nology wires fit w/ the GReddy SC on. Sounds like a good set-up to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
squirrel said:
Please post up ics when its finished. I'd like to see how the Nology wires fit w/ the GReddy SC on. Sounds like a good set-up to me.
Yeah should be pretty nice looking. box is shadow mica, so we are going with polished/brushed everything in the engine bay including the blower, and orange is the offset color, so orange nology + looming should really set it off... Just waiting till I get the car back from getting the box/glass done.. probably next tuesday, then I start the performance build(s).... Sucks when you have an apt full of stuff to install and no car to install it on :p
 

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
Joined
·
3,841 Posts
cz3ch said:
Yeah should be pretty nice looking. box is shadow mica, so we are going with polished/brushed everything in the engine bay including the blower, and orange is the offset color, so orange nology + looming should really set it off... Just waiting till I get the car back from getting the box/glass done.. probably next tuesday, then I start the performance build(s).... Sucks when you have an apt full of stuff to install and no car to install it on :p
Or when you have a garage full of stuff, but the time is spent getting someone else's car ready.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top