Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time to replace my windshield... I've looked around and gotten a few estimates but before I commit myself to the purchase I want to check with my scion community and see what prices you've gotten and if you have any shop recommendations in the L.A. area?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Allstarglass. Don't have the number off hand, but they're on the internet. If you're a AAA member, you get 10% off. Mobile service depending on location/job.

·
Registered
937 Posts
had safelite do mine. they had to come back twice to redo it! the first time, it wasn't sealed right, and it had hella wind whistling through the cracks. then, they came back and just shoved some more goop in the holes hoping that would work......NOT. then, finally, one of the managers came back with a NEW piece of glass, removed the old one, and then PROPERLY installed the glass.

I DO recommend them, just because of the great customer service. they did make it right. just make sure to watch the installer, and make sure he presses the window FIRMLY into place after he puts on the sealer.:eek:

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
believe it or not.. just got a crack on my box a few hours ago.. went to try and see if i can warranty it.. and its a nope. only if you have the crack in the middle due to who knows what. if theres a mark that shows it was hit by a rock.. no warranty. at least from what im being told. but theyre trying to see if theres a way around it for me. original retail at a dealership is 530 for the glass and 40 for the moulding. if warrantied... you will get an a/m glass. so yeah.. just some info. i'll go cry now. bye bye

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
believe it or not.. just got a crack on my box a few hours ago.. went to try and see if i can warranty it.. and its a nope. only if you have the crack in the middle due to who knows what. if theres a mark that shows it was hit by a rock.. no warranty. at least from what im being told. but theyre trying to see if theres a way around it for me. original retail at a dealership is 530 for the glass and 40 for the moulding. if warrantied... you will get an a/m glass. so yeah.. just some info. i'll go cry now. bye bye
yup, dealers will come out with a flashlight and check for all those road knicks on yur glass and toss you to the sideline fo sho!

john, if you need a glass guy, let me know. he's done my front and the CF hatch on mine. he's quick, does the job right the first time, comes to yur location, and the price is right. that kinda sounded funny...........:eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.