Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been looking for these wheels for about 5 months now with no luck.

The only set that I came across with the correct fitment was sold before I could get ahold of my connections to purchase them off of the Japanese auction site. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to look for hard to find discontinued wheels? Yahoo japan auction site has been my only resource so far. Is there any other Japanese auction sites out there?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Ah the infamous Head40 wheels made by Work right? Id love to get me a set of them bad boys. Hot rims. Hell Id ditch the Euroline Ns if I could get a set!! Talk to Van at Onetongarage.com, or Sean at [email protected]. Either one of those guys should be able to find ya a set, but just remember youll pay a premium price. Best of luck!

Scotty

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah.. Head40 made by Work under the name Carving. They also produced a wheel called F.B.I that looks similar, but I've only seen them in white. I already got in touch with one ton garage, and he said he's got a friend in Japan that'll keep an eye out for them. The ones that I've seen actually aren't expensive. The pic that was posted is the one set I found in a 4x100 fit. They're clean and sold for 200 US dollars!! That's probably why they sold in about 5 hours. I figured $500 or so to import them over to the U.S. on top of the cost. The search continues..... I'm not a fan of a lot of wheels out there today, so I got my heart set on these. Except for a handful of wheel designs out there most wheels all look the same to me.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah.. Head40 made by Work under the name Carving. They also produced a wheel called F.B.I that looks similar, but I've only seen them in white. I already got in touch with one ton garage, and he said he's got a friend in Japan that'll keep an eye out for them. The ones that I've seen actually aren't expensive. The pic that was posted is the one set I found in a 4x100 fit. They're clean and sold for 200 US dollars!! That's probably why they sold in about 5 hours. I figured $500 or so to import them over to the U.S. on top of the cost. The search continues..... I'm not a fan of a lot of wheels out there today, so I got my heart set on these. Except for a handful of wheel designs out there most wheels all look the same to me.
You must be talking about my set :D
I got my set from Van @ One Ton Garage (great guy!). specs are 17x7, +25 offset. I've taken them off for the winter and with the 15" steelies back on, I'm seriously considering looking for a set of super wide 15's for the next summer. I'm still up in the air whether to go with VIP style (which seems to be getting incredibly popular lately) or a super retro JDM theme. So if you're actually interested in obtaining a set, please make me an offer.
P.S. My FBI rims are the equivalent to the Head40 premiums (note the higher class, engraved center cap in the one pic.)
- Dustin

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep that's the set I was talking about;)

They're way nice!!!!

I'll definately keep your set in mind. I really want the chrome finish though, and there's a little difference in the shape of the spokes on the FBI's. There not quite as long, and are thicker towards the top.

I'd say go for the super retro JDM theme. It's not as popular as VIP, but still looks good when done right. Hey, you could incorporate a slight VIP style into it and have the best of both worlds. KG works, south yokohama corporation, and gascon both make quality parts that fit that theme really good. check 'em out!

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
So here's the deal. It looks like I got a bite in these wheels:

They are the head40 premium wheels that do differ from the standard head40 wheels that are pictured here:

It looks like to me that the regular head40's have a bigger lip, chromes not as dull (or could be an optical thing becuase the spokes are a little wider, and the spokes are shaped a little different. Due to the fact that either wheel is hard to find in a 4x100 fitment I really want to buy the premiums if the opportunity comes. Just can't decide on which wheel I like better, and if the differences of the regular head40s are worth holding out for.

I probably would be switching out the caps on the premiums to the standard cap that is shown on the regulars, or the knock of caps they make.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm still up in the air whether to go with VIP style (which seems to be getting incredibly popular lately) or a super retro JDM theme.
I am going retro JDM or Bozosoku style. Its an acquired taste, LOL.

Kinda like this:

even like this maybe:

Here are some examples:

http://www.geocities.jp/tanetane92/20060115tas03.html
http://tanetane92.web.infoseek.co.jp/20050116tas2.html
http://www.geocities.jp/tanetane92/20060618nncs02.html
http://www.geocities.jp/tanetane92/20060618nncs01.html

·
Registered
212 Posts
if you like that style, you may also want to look into the "work emitz" and the "say mariachi's" ;) good luck in your quest

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am going retro JDM or Bozosoku style. Its an acquired taste, LOL.
the only reason i'm up in the air is because there seems to be new posts daily regarding something a person has done or wants to do because they've decided to go the VIP route. it seems to be becoming more and more popular. i originally imported my xB to go with VIP style but now all of the local jdm car importers are starting to bring in cimas, glorias, celsiors etc., i guess they ran out of skylines to bring over here. anyways, i'm just trying to set myself apart (aside from having an xB in canada)

- Dustin

p.s. good luck with the bosozoku route, if done right it'll turn out sweet.

p.p.s. anybody know if work emitz come in 4x100 pattern?

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^^^they do make them in 4x100 fitment. They're harder to find, bu are out there. It took me 6 months to find the head40 premiums in the bB fitment.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is what makes Japan so great....very original Never seen anything like this before. The kits on some of those cars in the links are insane!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Here is a bB with them in black from another post.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Yeah, those are way nice. That's the 3 piece version of the regular head40's with a nice lip. Was really considering going that route, but decided against the black on black in the end. There is a set of those up for grabs on yahoo japan right now. They would need some refurbishing (have some corrosion, scars, small lip dents, and would need to be re-black chromed), but the starting price is only like $170 USD. From my experience the 3 piece version is pretty hard to come by in a bB fit. The only draw back to the ones I got (head40 premiums) is that I wish there was more of a lip on them.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
the only reason i'm up in the air is because there seems to be new posts daily regarding something a person has done or wants to do because they've decided to go the VIP route. it seems to be becoming more and more popular. i originally imported my xB to go with VIP style but now all of the local jdm car importers are starting to bring in cimas, glorias, celsiors etc., i guess they ran out of skylines to bring over here. anyways, i'm just trying to set myself apart (aside from having an xB in canada)

- Dustin

p.s. good luck with the bosozoku route, if done right it'll turn out sweet.

p.p.s. anybody know if work emitz come in 4x100 pattern?

Ooooh, Fab kit w/ flares! The rear wing has to go.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
You must be talking about my set :D
I got my set from Van @ One Ton Garage (great guy!). specs are 17x7, +25 offset. I've taken them off for the winter and with the 15" steelies back on, I'm seriously considering looking for a set of super wide 15's for the next summer. I'm still up in the air whether to go with VIP style (which seems to be getting incredibly popular lately) or a super retro JDM theme. So if you're actually interested in obtaining a set, please make me an offer.
P.S. My FBI rims are the equivalent to the Head40 premiums (note the higher class, engraved center cap in the one pic.)
- Dustin

Damn, I'm jealous!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.