Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Airride now and I am looking into changing my rear shocks. I heard monroe shocks are the best in airsuspension cases because they are the cheapest and you'll be changing your shocks more then someone on coilovers.

Any Ideas to who sells the cheapest Monroe Shocks?
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
173 Posts
dud ei have hurred the same thing, i am just putting my air ride together and that is what i am going with,napa part number # 5870.(it will make it so you can go a inch lower

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh... can't do those then, if you look at my profile, my car sits less than a inch from the rims. I couldn't go another inch lower.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
yeah you could. it doesnt need to go that low to use the shock. it's just a 1 inch shortened shock.

just install stops so you dont hurt the rim. that and or figure out how low to go and then bam. or rest the fender lip on the tire with like 10 pounds of pressure. wont bend the fender out wont dig into the tire. just sit pretty.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hotbox05 said:
yeah you could. it doesnt need to go that low to use the shock. it's just a 1 inch shortened shock.

just install stops so you dont hurt the rim. that and or figure out how low to go and then bam. or rest the fender lip on the tire with like 10 pounds of pressure. wont bend the fender out wont dig into the tire. just sit pretty.
I could install the stops but otherwise it wouldn't work. My fenders already sit on the tires when its slammed. Plus I like to drop it all the way down and not have to worry about hitting my rims. None of this dropping it little by little stuff.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
if you don't take the time to drop little by little dstops or not air ride is not for u. this is not some mini truck that's 6 years old withe miles of tire to fender clearance.

hmmm nm i'll stop my lecture.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hotbox05 said:
if you don't take the time to drop little by little dstops or not air ride is not for u. this is not some mini truck that's 6 years old withe miles of tire to fender clearance.

OMG IF I go any lower my rim will buckle my fender. What don't you understand about that.... I can't tuck rim because I HAVE flush fitment

·
Registered
354 Posts
yeah he cant go lower b/c he only has about 1/2 inch MAYBE.. if that much.. Between the fenders and the wheels themselves when he slams it all the way.. and like he said he doesn't drop it little by little just park and dump all the way.. but wheteher he drops it all the way at once or little by little he cant lower ride by an inch without having problems..

·
Registered
354 Posts
hotbox05 said:

and what does dropping little by little have to do with having air ride or not. I know a few people with air ride and the just drop all the way all the time..

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
if you have a flush wheel fitment you don't do care chit like dump your air ride. you go little by little. that was the point i was trying to make.

if you have regular offset wheels yes you can just dump it. but just dumping it flush wheels or regular wheels is minitruck mentality.

·
Registered
354 Posts
^^ makes sense..

and Dajaps rims are flush but he can dump all the way with his set up and not hit the rim but if he uses the shocks that lower it about a inch then he will be hitting it and that is what he was saying he just likes to dump it not go little by little..

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
it's ok to hit the tires just go slow and the fenders on the tire is the status point.

just dumping it to me is careless.

puts more stress on shocks and other components.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hotbox05 said:
it's ok to hit the tires just go slow and the fenders on the tire is the status point.

I guess I'm at a status point then because they already hit the tire front and back.... I can't get a more perfect fitment, I hope you see my point now....

·
Registered
276 Posts
hotbox05 said:

how is dumping careless? As He knows with his setup right now he can dump it without any problems of hitting or anything.... he has 3/8 line so its not like he is straight slamming. Yes the shocks catch a little hell but even doing it that way stock shock with last over a year or two.

·
Registered
762 Posts
**** i just made my keyboard pregnant :(

·
Registered
212 Posts
honestly on his car, you would be lucky if you could fit a nickel on between his fender and his wheel...and he cannot go any lower, his rim lines up perfectly with the outside of his fenders....the only way he could get it any lower then that would be some MAJOR pulling on both his front and rear fenders, but if your wheels fit perfect, why tuck them under the fender...wouldn't look as good for the VIP style hes going....

honestly chris, we'll talk more about it tonight, but the shorter monroes might be your best bet, unless you can find an aftermarket short stroke piston shock we can put back there for ya (which i'm don't believe any of them are short stroke except for maybe the tokico's, but thats 600 dollars...pay to play ;))

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.