Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking up my XB tomorrow and am looking at going airbags (was going to put them on my previous car) instead of coilovers. I have been reading/searching and have a few questions.

I have been comparing AirLiftCompanies XB kit to the AirRunner XB kit, and am still unsure of the exact difference between the two (name brands aside). Are the quality of the components in either kit similar?

I am trying to determine the best daily driver kit w/ digital management, that I can have at a comfertable driving height and be able to drop it when parked. Whats a great all around kit and best place for install?

-Sean

·
Registered
165 Posts
I Dont Realy Know To Much About Kits But The Universal Air Kit For The Front Has Worked Great For Comfort And As Far As Bagovers Go They Go The Lowest.. Sylenders Stil Go Lower But They Ride Like Sh*#....air Till Im Dead ,good Luck...

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Quality wise, Air Runner wins hands down. Value wise, Air Lift takes it.

It appears by your post you are willing to drop some serious coin. Judging by your desire for digital air management. If that is the case I would tend to point you toward the Air Runner kit. You can then run their optional solenoid valves, or piece together your own air management. Either way, you will need to choose some sort of digital controller.

I would recommend taking a look at this thread...

http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=106196

And if you have any additional questions, let us know.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
I know Air Lift has a Digital Air Managemnet system too...Air Runner is not the only one. If you have the money you can buy the Air Runner kit of go with the Air Lift kit and play around and get some more mods for the car with the money youll save

·
NO CLUB
369 Posts
I'm running Chassis Tech air struts in front, randode 4-link with easy street bags in rear. Ohh, and lots of cutting/welding.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
randode said:
I'm running Chassis Tech air struts in front, randode 4-link with easy street bags in rear. Ohh, and lots of cutting/welding.
Yeah, Randode is THE MAN! Talk to Randode!

·
Registered
165 Posts
randode said:
YOU GOT PHOTOS OF THE 4-LINK//:D IS THIS THE BLACK ONE FROM "BODY DROPED ON 20S"???????

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Hell no... Randode's is way cleaner. If you dare venture over to Scionlife there is a whole build up thread on his suspension. I about crapped when he started showing pix of the rear suspension. Mostly because it was very similar to what I had planned for the wife's xB until she said no way to air.

I might still go through with a full custom 4-link in the rear once I get my own box.

·
NO CLUB
369 Posts

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
Ah yes -- Randode -- Scion Pimp Master

·
Registered
312 Posts
Man whats up with the link? All the pictures are little red XXXXX's I'm having withdrawls, HOW DO I SEE THE PICTURES?

·
NO CLUB
369 Posts
Rcurry23 said:
Man whats up with the link? All the pictures are little red XXXXX's I'm having withdrawls, HOW DO I SEE THE PICTURES?
sorry 'bout that my website got f-ed today (thanks registerfly!)
should be back up tomorrow.

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
Rcurry23 said:

I just clicked on the link and saw the green troll in all it glory -- no little x's --
Try again man.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
When comparing the Air-Runner & Air-Lift Co. kits, what are the major differences between them? Also, are they any major significant differences between the kits? Is there an english site that offers more details on the Air-Runner suspension kits?

Would either kit be a quality daily driver type of kit?

Thanks.
-Sean
:eek:

Sorry for the long winded questions..

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Overall Air Runner is a higher quality kit than Air Lift. But Air Lift is the better value. Meaning you get a whole lot more for your money. Air Lift can also be purchased as individual components as well as a complete kit. There are some inherent problems with the Air Lift front struts though. They have positive camber, and many people have experience a "popping" sound as well.

If you have the money for it, my recommendation would be to order the Air Runner kit. Then if you still have some cash left over, upgrade the air management to electric solenoid valves. This can be done through an Air Runner dealer using their parts, or through numerous other sources using parts of your choosing.

If you don't have money for Air Runner, you'll probably be just fine with Air Lift parts. And you can purchase camber plates from Cusco and have them modified to work with the air struts to get rid of the camber issue.

·
NO CLUB
369 Posts
rton20s said:
Overall Air Runner is a higher quality kit than Air Lift. But Air Lift is the better value. Meaning you get a whole lot more for your money. Air Lift can also be purchased as individual components as well as a complete kit. There are some inherent problems with the Air Lift front struts though. They have positive camber, and many people have experience a "popping" sound as well.

If you have the money for it, my recommendation would be to order the Air Runner kit. Then if you still have some cash left over, upgrade the air management to electric solenoid valves. This can be done through an Air Runner dealer using their parts, or through numerous other sources using parts of your choosing.

If you don't have money for Air Runner, you'll probably be just fine with Air Lift parts. And you can purchase camber plates from Cusco and have them modified to work with the air struts to get rid of the camber issue.
can the camber issue be corrcted with camber bolts? or do you still need the plates?
My Chassis Tech struts have the lower bolt holes slotted for camber adjustment, I bought camber bolts, but didnt need them.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
You know, I'm really not sure. I remember seeing discussion about the camber bolts in the past, but don't ever remember hearing of anyone successfully solving the issue with them. Maybe that guy from NorCal with the 20" TSW Kyalamis. I think he might have adjusted his camber with bolts.

More people than not just leave them with the positive camber and live with it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.