11,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With work - family - and other stuff -- where do you find the time for car
related stuff? For me I get up at 4.30 am(soon to change to 3.30am) off
to work at 5.00am( again changing to 4.00am) drive to work, clock in, get
everything up and running. Grab some coffee and relax for a moument. Do
my thing then go home at the end of the day. Now I have "honey do's" and
walking the pup, then dinner, yes sometimes I do cook(love to BBQ).Then I
think about all the shows and meets coming up and start to get overwhelmed.
They seem to come to fast to close together and no chance to breath or take
a break.And the season is just starting.:eek: :eek:

How do you folk's manage?

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I can't speak for the 9-5's myself, but I think they mostly do it when they can. Weekends are a big time for modding.

I myself do it when I can. Since I UNFORTUNATELY work part-time, I have a lot of time on my hands.

Anyone, anywhere that knows of a place that would help me find a home, help me get on my feet, and give me on the job training, PLEASE fill them in. I am in desperate need of something, and it's almost impossible to get a job around here where I live. Unless you include restaurants and junk places...

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya but I can't work on the car every weekend or everynight for that matter. It wouldn't be fair to my wife. The Cali peeps seem to have the most events/meets going and here in Az it starting to get crazy with something every weekend too. Much more than last year. I guess I'll just have to pick and choose which show/meet I'll attend. Oh well.:confused:

·
Project Cop Box
540 Posts
i fit it in when i can, mostly when my wife has something else to do. i do 7a - 4p 5 days a week, so i feel i deserve some car time, at least, every other weekend. sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't.

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
Balancing the family, work, and car hobby can be very tough. I went through a really bad time last year due to my car hobby (married guys know wat I mean). I have drastically cut back on the amount of time I spend showing, and usually work on the car or help friends out in the evening after everyone is sleeping. I have cut down to a handful of shows now, and may spending alot more time at home with my wife and daughter.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I didn't realize it until recently, but when I was in college, I had ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD! School is soo easy that when I wasn't studying I spent most of the time sitting around chilling and having fun. Oh I how I miss those days.

Now, with a job, bills to pay, a gf, I have NO TIME EVER..lol. If I do, I'd rather use that time to either sleep or spend quality time with my loved ones. Car stuff always comes second and is just a bonus when I can do some stuff. I just live vicariously through evryone here on clubxb :)

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
I'm the lucky one w/ the 15day a month work schedule - So its House and honey do's then the Box

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
the old lady and i work completely opposite schedules. when i get home at 8am from work i wake her up, we eat breakfast and she goes to work. i sit in the garage all day by my self doing whatever i please with car things. of course thats after the dishes are done, and the dog is walked and played with and fed and loved...ok the dog is an attention whore. but she wakes me up when she gets home at 9pm and we eat dinner then i shower and its off to work for me. thats when she does the dishes and the laundry and things, we balance well. i think it works out well for the both of us. allthough i do have to admit i dont see her as much as id like to. and we vertually never get a day off together so its hard for us to 'hang out'

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
October is still a ways away, that gives me plenty of time to hit the powerball so my car will be worthy of showing at HIN. lol

yea if you hit the powerball Ray, youll suddenly find that you have PLENTY of time for anything you want :p

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Convert her!

Get her an xB of her own, bond over modding them both, and then hit the shows together!

You can be your own little caravan. . .

Fun fantasy isn’t it? ;)

·
Registered
308 Posts
The last three months I have been out of work. So as I got money I worked on car. I even recieved a few sponsors so that helped. I just got new job yesterday driving a cement mixer $16.00 hr. Now I will see what will change.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Eh I do my best to make time. Im taking 19 credit hours a semester in prep for law school, so it can be tough. I spend a lot of time on here as a honey do, but I dont have a lot of time to work on the car with the exception of school breaks.

scotty

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.