Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want the iPod mount that secures itself or, hard mounts to the floor bolts and has a flexible steel stem that craddles the iPod via clamping on the sides...

Looking for black specifically... Don't want that cup holder set-up Apple offers...

Any help would be cool.

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
Try Proclipusa.com - thats what I have - It sits right next to the radio and looks like factory...........check it before you wreck it.................lol

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EticketXb said:
Try Proclipusa.com - thats what I have - It sits right next to the radio and looks like factory...........check it before you wreck it.................lol
I was looking for something more along the lines of coming off the floor next to the middle area where the shifter is - bolting to the seat bolts or something. I like to looks of what you suggested, but not into drilling holes in my dash... Of course some are stick on, but I'd rather not trust the sticky stuff won't let go after cold and hot temps through the year...

Anyone else? I wish I had a pic to describe what I saw in this other XB I walked by at the mall...

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
nothing really exists where it bolts into the floor. only options if you want that is for you to build one yourself, or just get the ones which hook onto the cigarrete lighter port, and have a swivel arm.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
Lizard - Theres no Tape or sticky stuff on my mount. It snaps into the dash and is held in on the other side w/ the pressure of the radio housing..... Did you check there other "Universal" options. They have every possible mount and holder that I have been able to find.......Good Luck.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
EticketXb said:
Lizard - Theres no Tape or sticky stuff on my mount. It snaps into the dash and is held in on the other side w/ the pressure of the radio housing..... Did you check there other "Universal" options. They have every possible mount and holder that I have been able to find.......Good Luck.
Looks like the way to go. Just wanted something st my side near the connection area, but these look nice. Any issues with the cable reaching? I don't think it would make that distance. You have any pics?

·
Registered
485 Posts
a buddy of mine took the armrest, cut into the top of it at about the same size and depth of his ipod, and used black metal around the interior edges. Now, his ipod sits in this little armrest cubby perfectly. its a thing of beauty

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
Lizard - I just ran a 6ft mini plug cable from the center - under the carpet and up into the cubby hole - drilled one hole in the side to get it to my Ipod - I will try to get some shots tomorrow to show you what it looks like..

Hope that helps (sorry for the not so good pics - wife has the good camera)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
See, that is using the AUX port. I have the iPod and the AUX port. With buying the upgrade, I want to be able to use the iPod port as it allows for tuning off the radio head-set, charges the iPod, and has me hands free of the Pod...

The cord they give you is too short to do that route. The mounted set-up similar to my link is what I would need to use. I've seen guys do them, just wanted to see if anyone on here is.

Thanks for the pics, though. I figured you were using the AUX port (round green input) vs. the iPod port (Requires iPod connection cable).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.