Scion xB Forum banner
221 - 240 of 273 Posts

· SmElL iT fIrSt!!
74 Posts
had a good weekend installing some more things. but didnt need to leave home. i'm glad today was not raining. Tinting it tomorrow in pearl city. any suggestions on darkness? since 35% is legal. the rears and sunroof is 35%? i may match the front and doors.

· Registered
323 Posts
I'm in Oahu for Spring Break and I feel right at home! I feel like every other car I see is an xB. I've seen some pretty nice looking mods too. There was a torched penny gen 1 that was slammed on what looked like 9" or 10" wide wheels, maybe with stretched rubber in Honolulu today while my mom and I were walking around. All I can say is Hawaii is really looking great from what I've seen these past two days.

· Registered
27 Posts
Sup all,

Just bought a 2006 white xB from Big Island. Changed from Honda Element, and I love the xB.

Anyone on Maui know the best detail shop? I have water spots, and the finish looks a little dull. Don't even want to attempt to do it myself, no time.

So who can polish my box?

Jive

· Registered
65 Posts
I went 35 up front and 7 for the 2 rear. I wanted to do the back window but couldnt commit because I dunno if I'll want to remove/redo it someday and they would have to scrap off the heating element for when it gets foggy back there.

· SmElL iT fIrSt!!
74 Posts
TINT!! who's your sales person? tell them you want to tint it, they should refer you to someone close by the airport that can discount the tint since you got it form scion.

· Registered
34 Posts
I bought mine from Sal.
That was the first item on my imaginary to-do list..
so how dark can i go, to keep the tint legal still?
I'd like to tint the front windows, back passenger, and rear if possible.. Is windshield tint still legal?

· SmElL iT fIrSt!!
74 Posts
Sal is cool, I had Kalani. anyhow i think it was 35% front doors and you can paint the back windows black if you wanted to. front windshield tint is legal @ 70% but honestly i did it and it dont look like there is anything on it at all, plus its $$ so i did the 2 front doors and 5% sunroof and front windshield strip

221 - 240 of 273 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.