Scion xB Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Short bus
44 Posts
bump...

So I've been researching what shocks to get for my '08 xB and noticed Rockauto doesn't list rear shock absorbers for them. Saw this thread and that makes sense now.

However, I went to KYB.com and did some looking around on their online catalog. They do list their model 349035 as being compatible with 2008-2012 Scion xB's. It's also compatible with 2010-2012 Prius's. If you look up rear shock absorbers for a 2011 Prius on RockAuto, they list the KYB 349035, but for $110.79 each and it ships from Europe!

Did some looking on the interwebz and a couple of ebay and Amazon retailers sell the 349035 for between $52 - $80 each plus shipping. I grabbed two of 'em off Amazon for a little over $125 shipped. We'll see how they compare to the stockers once I get them off.

In the meantime, here are the specs for the 349035 from the KYB site:
Compressed Length (in.) 15.17
Extended Length (in.) 23.84
Lower Mount E2(12x60)
Stroke (in.) 8.67

Just by looking at the pics from the catalog, it appears to have the same mounting solution as the OEM shock.

Attachments

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,509 Posts
May have to get a set, mine are wearing out, or at least use the specs to fit a set of adjustable shocks that will fit.

·
Short bus
44 Posts
Okay, ordered the KYB 349035 Excel-G (GR2) shocks and they came in pretty quick from Stockwise auto from Amazon.

For those of you that TL : DR - they fit perfect and appear to be exactly the same as the OEM ones I took out of my 2008 RS5.0. See pics:

Pics of the box

Pics of the box

OEM on the right, KYB on the left still strapped for shipping, both shock bodies and rods are the same diameter

KYB uses the same 6mm Hex head and 17mm nut as OEM

Exact OEM replacement

Closeup of the model no. stamp

Fwiw, my oem's of 161,000 miles still damped just fine really. They compressed about the same as the new KYB's, but the rebound stroke was much slower. After driving around a bit, I honestly couldn't tell any difference. Regardless, I've got springs inbound that new the shocks should pair with nicely.

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,509 Posts
You want the rear shocks for a 2002 Toyota Sienna, but you will need to space the lower mount a bit with washers or get the adapters from Randode.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts