Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting new wheels, tires, and an alignment, so I decided I might as well replace the struts and shocks before I have that done (car has 60k on it and has been handled roughly, seems like a good idea).

One problem - where the hell are all the rear shocks? I found some KYB struts I'm set on using, but NO ONE seems to have the rear shocks outside of pricey tokico or toyota units.

Do normal manufacturers (KYB/Monroe/etc) just not make shocks for this car?

---------- Post added 05-27-2013 at 10:06 AM ----------

Clarification: this is a 2009, currently 100% stock suspension. Have the 19" TRD wheels on it, going back to 17" OEM alloys (the gunmetal grey ones)

·
Tactical Toaster
2,397 Posts
I couldn't either. I'm sure there's XX vehicle shock that fits, it's just going to be finding them. I know you can swap the rear springs from Gen1 to Gen2, it might be worth looking into an echo shock (cheap)

---------- Post added 05-27-2013 at 01:48 PM ----------

Or a Corolla shock. I'm not sure how many parts the rumion and corolla sedan share.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Youre probably going to be stuck using OE or tokicos.

The bottom mount for ours is wierd. The ones with just an eyelet at the bottom can be used but with spacers

·
Boxed Lifestyle
2,292 Posts
or airshocks with that lift controller thing? I have the TRD/Waydoo shocks/struts and Im happy with their performance.

·
4 Time Scion Owner
9,475 Posts
The air lift shocks are going to need an adapter to make them longer. Those are good for the super low, not for a OEM replacement.

I was thinking about taking measurements and looking around through Belltech/DJM/Toxic for mini truck shocks.

·
salgado images
19 Posts
tokico wont even list that they make them anymore, rep wont return email. Super frustrated. I have the struts and no rears. WTH?

·
Boxed Lifestyle
2,292 Posts

·
Tactical Toaster
2,397 Posts
TL ; DR

2009 xB, no aftermarket shocks available.

·
4 Time Scion Owner
9,475 Posts
Lol you get echo shocks you'll get a part for the wrong car. None the less, the rear shocks for a echo and Xb are the same. Front are different but not rears.

·
Acquiring stance.
1,002 Posts
Looks like RockAuto has them from KYB.

KYB Part # 349085
They also appear to fit on the rear of a Hyundai Elantra... interesting.

·
salgado images
19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just tried to install the KYB 349085 that rockauto.com has listed and they are the completely wrong size. dont order the KYB 349085 for 2nd gen xb. In the picture: right = stock shock. left = KYB.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts