Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i first saw the xb bB was back in 1999 when i play tokyo extreme racing (Dreamcast). I was laughing about how stupid it look but never thought i would be laughing at my own car. hmmmm why did i buy the xB anyway

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I think iw was in 2003. I was headed east on the 22 freeway the Box was traveling west. I almost broke my neck trying to see it as it went past.

A few days later I saw one on a residential street and the owner was just getting in. I stopped and asked him about it. He spent the next 20 minutes showing me the inside and out. I knew I wanted one right there and then. It was also my first experience at how nice most xB owners are and how willing they are to show off their Boxes. It took me a couple of years to finally get one but I've been an owner since Nov 19, 2005.

Cool thread!

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
hmmm...2003 in some magazine was when i saw the first xB, but it was in 2001 when i first saw the bB when i was in Hong Kong...

·
Registered
501 Posts
I remember seeing an image of one in a magazine in 2003, talking about how they were coming out first in CA in 2004. I wanted one the second I saw it. I don't actually remember the first one I saw in real life, but I first sat in one at the car show at the Texas State Fair here in Dallas in Sept. 2005. I decided then to get one, and I finally got my 2006 BOP in Dec. 2005.

I love it!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I'm pretty sure my first one was online through a Toyota source. I remember my boss in the parts dept. commenting on how ugly it was! I pretty much decided at that point I needed one!

The first actual xB I saw was our first Scion demo vehicle. It came in in late May 2004. It was a TCM with the 14 spoke twist alloys:rolleyes: . I remember showing it to my wife (who now has a 3.0) for the first time. It was off the lot when she showed up. Then I pointed it out as it drove back toward us. I believe her comment was "We're going to buy THAT?" Ah, simple beginnings!

-Alex

·
Registered
126 Posts
My first time ever was on the dreamcast too. First time in person would have been at a ScinergyIA meet in January of 2005...anyone remember Waynes World: ...ooohhh dream weaver...

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
2003? North American International Auto Show in Detroit....knew at first site that I wanted one never thought I would get one especially one as nice as mine is.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I first saw one in Belton missouri in 2003 maybe. I thought it was the funniest lookin thing ever. I made fun of it and said that someone left their shoebox in the driveway. It was from California. I think it was visiting. After that i got on the site and saw that they were only out in CA at the time so I did a bunch of research on them and I've wanted one forever and now I finally have one. Yay!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it funny how the people that make fun or talk crap about the xB at first site end up wanting the car or own one now ..... me.......

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
i saw 1 in 04/05 i thought what the !%#@ its ugly i must have it got dec 26 05

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
i saw the original bB concept in a magazine back in 1998. loved it then , then when i saw it in 03 oh lord yummers.

·
Registered
339 Posts
some show on speed about sema, maybe. Like end of Jan, or Feb 1st, 2004. I ordered mine Feb 2nd 2004 :D. I saw it on TV and knew I had to have one.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I saw all 3 Scions at the Autorama in Houston.. ya the one right after thanksgiving. I actually liked the xA Pssshhht! Ha, then I saw the xB and it was love at first sight! I got mine as a presant in August 2004! Yay!

·
Registered
15 Posts
2001 my little brother is a marine and and came home with pictures of his buddies bB .....i fell in love on site....nest one i saw was in orlando ,white with a circuit city logo on it.....i knew then i was going to get one

·
Registered
368 Posts
First one I saw was in Feb 2004 while driving down Mission Blvd near Niles.Was Black with TRD wheels.Since I have always been drawn towards "square" cars I decided I had to have one.
List of cars I have owned: 1959 Studebaker Lark VIII wagon, first car, frame up restoration, un-square 69 GTO,1978 GMC Jimmy ( BIG SQUARE), 1990 Plymouth Voyager ( yes a mini-van) and The Frogbox.

Always told my son after seeing a comercial on tv where everyone was driving in cardboard boxs that one day I was going to drive a car like that.

purchased the Frogbox in May 2004. Now has 40k on the odometer and have never regretted it.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
HIN Houston 03' I was hooked, then I ended up totalling my Protege5. So I bought a box in Dec 04'.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Online in 2003 when I was doing internet auto sales (Chrysler/Jeep). It was the bbX concept and I knew I had to have one. Got in trouble with my GSM for having it as my wallpaper/screensaver! And yes, I showed it to him after I bought it!

I still think that's the best bodykit ever for the xB!

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
yeah, i like that body kit too!!! including the spoiler...

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
that body f en rocks must have NOW! gimme gimme gimme:cool: or i could buy it or G.T.A.lolololololoollollolololololool gimme:D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.