Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...when only using the stereo without the engine running? i was in my xB today then i feel asleep for 1 1/2 hour with the stereo on, scared me because i thought i wont be able to start my car up. i was wonder how long can the battery last...

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
atleast an hour and a half. J/K

I don't trust my battery never did, I always start it about every ten minutes. I gues I'm just scared to run it down. I can't give you a good answer.

Less time if you are running any amps, etc.

·
Registered
485 Posts
this may have already been answered...but how much power can u really use from your xB? like how much stuff can you run off of the stock battery, while running and while its not?

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
I think the longest I've had my music on without the box running is about 45 minutes (on my lunch break), but I got nervous too. Won't do that again!

·
Registered
813 Posts
I have fell victim to this...i left my system on for i think about 2 or 3 hours at a show and my car wouldnt start..had to get jumped it was rad

·
Registered
281 Posts
yea i had a battery i throw in just so i can run the system and the t'v's and l.e.d's and other stuff then i change it when the car doesnt start but i only have this battery at shows

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
With my car RUNNING and my Yellow Top battery I can only run my lights and system for 15 minutes TOPS before I drop below 10 Volts and the inverter cuts out.:eek:

Honestly, the length of time you can run your system on the battery alone very much depends on how hot a system you have (how much draw it uses) and how LOUD you crank it.

Greg sapped his yellow top last year in a matter of minutes down in KC by making his system thump a bit. That was a good time too.

My opinion? Invest the money in a jump pack and keep it with you all the time. It's good insurance.

-Alex

·
Registered
2004 Scion xB RS 1.0 #788
2,912 Posts
I didn't know that you could run down the battery by just using the stereo until one of my xA buddies told me. LOL. Now if I'm going to sit there and listen to it I turn the car on.

·
Registered
485 Posts
i get scared when im sitting in my driveway for like a few hours while i work on the toaster. i turn the car on every 30-45 min and rev the engine for about 10 seconds and then turn it off. so far so good, but i can tell when i start runnin low on juice cuz my stereo starts getting weaker after about an hour and 15 minutes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.