Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Rubmeister
Joined
·
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Konig Imagine 15x8 et20 (BMW E30 fitment) wheels with Kuhmo 195/50 front and 205/50 rear- Gonna drop the front another inch so I wanted staggered tires, looks like alot of gap right now tho. Still getting used to how much smaller they look versus my old wheels. Can't argue with saving 14 lbs per corner however :) Acceleration and decceleration noticably improved, car feels 200 pounds lighter. I was running somewhat oversized tires before so that also makes this setup seem faster because of gearing...

I'm running OTG 10mm shims in the back and when I first threw the wheels on I also had 5mm spacers back there too; major rubbing from the right rear on my first turn. Without 5mm's still some rubbing over dips etc, so I see some fender rolling in my future.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,418 Posts
BoxerRebellion said:
Konig Imagine 15x8 et20 (BMW E30 fitment) wheels with Kuhmo 195/50 front and 205/50 rear- Gonna drop the front another inch so I wanted staggered tires, looks like alot of gap right now tho. Still getting used to how much smaller they look versus my old wheels. Can't argue with saving 14 lbs per corner however :) Acceleration and decceleration noticably improved, car feels 200 pounds lighter. I was running somewhat oversized tires before so that also makes this setup seem faster because of gearing...

I'm running OTG 10mm shims in the back and when I first threw the wheels on I also had 5mm spacers back there too; major rubbing from the right rear on my first turn. Without 5mm's still some rubbing over dips etc, so I see some fender rolling in my future.
THANKS FOR THE 411. ??? DOES THE SHIM BRING THE WHEEL OUT & IT GOES
BETWEEN THE RIM & BREAK DRUM . SPACER / SHIM HELL I DO NOT KNOW???
 

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
Joined
·
1,947 Posts
so does this mean I can have your MP3's now? ;)
 

·
TheOtherGuys
Joined
·
7,988 Posts
Lookin' good!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,418 Posts
sid said:
dave, otg shims goes in between the arm and the hub,
OK I WANT TO BRING MY WHEEL & TIRE EVEN WITH FENDER ..
SO I NEED A SHIM OR A SPACER ??
 

·
Rubmeister
Joined
·
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mad_Sciontist said:
Niiiiice! would there be any problem with that offset and no shims on rear?
I'm sure there wouldn't be a problem, but I can't stand it when the rears aren't even with the fronts, haha. Gonna get the rolling done early next week...
 

·
Rubmeister
Joined
·
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
short bus said:
OK I WANT TO BRING MY WHEEL & TIRE EVEN WITH FENDER ..
SO I NEED A SHIM OR A SPACER ??
Depends on the wheels but with typical 40 offset FWD rims you should do the 10mms in the back, then add spacers as required. My last wheels were 45 offset and I ran 10mm + 5mm's rear and still could have gone further without rolling...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
They look good, welcome to the 15" wheel club. Bet the ride improved! I like them black. The red wheel look has been done to death don't you think? How about PINK!! Did you change your taillights? I thought you had the helix.
 

·
Rubmeister
Joined
·
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
TCMSuzie said:
They look good, welcome to the 15" wheel club. Bet the ride improved! I like them black. The red wheel look has been done to death don't you think? How about PINK!! Did you change your taillights? I thought you had the helix.
Yeh the ride is better with 15's, and the weight reduction makes a huge difference...

If I did them red it would just be the polished lips, and would leave the centers black... that is fairly uncommon.

These tails are my 4th set, and I already have ideas on something new :)

Lata, donovan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
A red lip would be different. I have seen those Rota's with the red lip on a box and it looked cool. Well, let me know if you want to sell those tails. I like the ones you have now or the TYC's and I could make a trip to Daytona from Longwood. Are you going to the event at Orlando scion next month?
 

·
Rubmeister
Joined
·
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
TCMSuzie said:
A red lip would be different. I have seen those Rota's with the red lip on a box and it looked cool. Well, let me know if you want to sell those tails. I like the ones you have now or the TYC's and I could make a trip to Daytona from Longwood. Are you going to the event at Orlando scion next month?
I'm going to keep these tails for a while, cuz the ones I want are from Japan, and then I would need to modify them to make them what I want.

What's the date of the O-town event? might be able to make it... I'm a bartender on the weekend so it makes it hard to come out to most shows, haha...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
I got an email that they changed the date to Oct 14th. Last time I went they wouldn't let me park with the other scions because I was not in a club. I guess since I signed up on Scion Dynasty I'll hang with them. Still not sure if I'll go but would like to meet you.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top