Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I sold my 1st gen and now would like to begin mods on my 2nd gen. I have a 10 series. I would like to upgrade the wheels to 17s. What offsets are recommended? I will not run any spacers. Here are the wheels I’m looking at.
IMG_9300.jpg IMG_9301.jpg IMG_9303.jpg

What diameter sizes are recommended and what is OEM diameter? I’m thinking of either the Enkei or Advanti since they are the lightest. The Motegis are 20 pounds. I was thinking of wrapping General Altimax RT tires with them.

My plan is also to drop the 2nd gen with NF210 springs. Any help is most appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reviving this thread. Let me know your thoughts with the wheel recommendations.

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,447 Posts
Honestly all three are pretty weak specs in terms of offset. The tires are the correct size to keep the overall diameter correct and a 225 is a good width. As for the brand of tire, that all depends on what you want out of the tire. Generals are an ok tire but if you want better grip or handling then there are better tires.

The last two will sit almost exactly where the stock wheel sits now, just with slightly wider rubber on them.

The only one I would consider is the 1st as it will give better handling due to the wider wheel width being close to the tire width. It'll have a very slight stretch but nothing really noticeable. On an 8" wide wheel I think it looks better at +40 for the offset in the front and +30 in the rear to even the tuck since the rear track is 1/2" narrower from front to rear. Since you won't find wheels with a 5mm offset difference I would stick with something that is either +40 or 35. With the NF210 springs you won't be dropped enough to worry about any rubbing issues. Here's what mine looked like on 18x8 +40 with stock suspension.

And the same combo but dropped on air. The rears in this have a 15mm space so it's effectively 18x8 +25 in the rear

And just for giggles here it is again, no spacers in the rear, so 18x8 +40 all around, and fully airred out.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I would prefer not to have any stretch. My 1st gen had 16x7 with a 40 offset and was lowered on Tanabe DF210s. What are your thoughts regarding Tein S Techs? This is my daily and I use the car to haul equipment so don’t want to run into any rubbing issues with Tein S Techs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks. I would prefer not to have any stretch. My 1st gen had 16x7 with a 40 offset and was lowered on Tanabe DF210s. What are your thoughts regarding Tein S Techs? This is my daily and I use the car to haul equipment so don’t want to run into any rubbing issues with Tein S Techs.

Im runnin 225/45/17 +40 lowered on tein lowering coils and echo struts, shocks

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks however I have a 2nd gen and was wondering if it’s better to go with Tanabe NF210s or Tein S Tech. I feel that maybe the Tanabes may not be low enough, however I don’t want too much of a stiff ride.

On a side note I cam across someone selling a 1st gen with Eibach Sportlines. I was thinking of purchasing it. Anyone have experience with those springs on a 1st gen?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts