Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking to go to a set of Sportmax 006's but here's my question. Should I go with the 17x8 and 35mm offset or the 17x7 with 40mm offset? I plan on spacing the wheels out a bit to meet up with some fender flares. Is 25mm gonna be too much or not enough? It's a daily driver so I'm not trying to stick them way the hell out there, but just enough to rock with flares would be nice.

EDIT: I'm on Progress coils, and this is what I'm sitting at:

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
If you wanna do flares, look for wheels that are 9" wide and -20 offset. Your 006s arent gonna cut it out no matter what set ya get.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Offsets and flares? my favorite topic!! You gotto go low to match flares. Teh small sportmax's that everyone uses are a 0 offset and goes flush with the fender flares everyone else uses. I'm not into those types of rims and flares, but here some eyecandy for you.
+25 front and +20 rear

offsets in the minuses with metal overfenders

again, like a -20 offset. wooo woooooooo!

P.S. I got a straight on rear shot of the Blue bB. wheels are like -15 degrees camber!!!!!
I likey the impact look. ya think?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright, I'm thinking I'm just gonna match them out to the stock fenders. I'm still really partial to the 006's but wanna run a bigger tire size than what I've got right now. Currently it's 215/35/18 with the rim being 18x7.5 and a 42mm offset. To switch to the 18x8.5 and 35mm offset Sportmax, what tire/spacer combo would you guys recommend to flush it out? Would the 225/35/18 be too tall? Appreciate the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts