Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running 18x7.5 Enkie RSV 40 offset and a 5mm spacer on the back, 215/35/18.

Need to know if I can remove the spacer and install 25mm adapters and still clear wheel wells, Tein S-Techs.

It looks like it will clear just fine, Anyone know if I will have a for sure problem?

I then will install the 5mm on the front to somewhat even them out.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
You should be fine using the 25mm spacer in the rear. You'd be essentially runing a 18x7.5 +15 wheel in the back.

If not, break out the baseball bat and roll the fender lip. Just make sure the paint is warm so it doesn't chip off or crack.

Here's the old school way of checking.

Uncover the rear shocks and unbolt them, or unbolt them from the rear beam axle.

Jack up the car at the middle jack point at the rear of the vehicle under the bumper.

Pull the shocks away from the beam axle and SLOWLY lower the car until it won't go any lower. Lower it slowly to make sure the shocks do catch or hit anything.

Then, measure the distance from the fender lip to the lip of the wheel. You'll have to check this at different points as the measurement will be closer towards the front of the car, than at the 12 o'clock position of the fender lip.

If you have more than an inch clearance, you should be fine.

When you have taken the measurements, then jack the back end up and reinstall the shocks.

I just used this method on some 17x8.5 wheels on the TSX race car that I'm helping build. We checked for wheel clearance, camber, and suspension travel as the wheel was one of the options they have for the series.

If I lived closer, I would be more than happy to help you w/ this.

The fronts should be fine. Just make sure you have at least 6 revolutions on the lugnuts when tightening down the wheels using the 5mm spacers.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
squirrel said:
You should be fine using the 25mm spacer in the rear. You'd be essentially runing a 18x7.5 +15 wheel in the back.

If I lived closer, I would be more than happy to help you w/ this.

The fronts should be fine. Just make sure you have at least 6 revolutions on the lugnuts when tightening down the wheels using the 5mm spacers.
Thats what I was thinking, +15. just didn't feel like doing all the searching on SL, some of them guys can get confusing.

I understand the way your talking about checking. Sounds good, might have to do that.

I've been running the spacers on the rear for about 10 months and have had no problems.

Thanks.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
You're welcome!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Yea at 15 youll be fine. Im running 16x7 in back right now with 15 offset and ive got at LEAST another 10 mm to go before worrying. figure that extra .5 of width is equal to 6.5, and youll be fine for your wheels.

scott

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ordered the spacers $101 off eBay. Now to sit back and wait.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Padanky said:
ordered the spacers $101 off eBay. Now to sit back and wait.
Are they H&R 25mm spacers? Geez, that's a really good price!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
V1.0sciontist said:
what size spacers should i get for my rear i got 18x7.5 motegi mr7s?? im clueless on this topic
depends on your offset

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dtrain619 said:
Can't you accomplish the same effect by stacking the OTG 10mm rear spacer shims behind the hub?
at what cost? and I think this is safer. that would only give me 20mm

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Padanky said:
at what cost? and I think this is safer. that would only give me 20mm
You did get a better deal, price-wise. Just throwing out another alternative. Saw the pics, they look really nice, plus they're hub-centric. Be sure to post before and after pics.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dtrain619 said:
You did get a better deal, price-wise. Just throwing out another alternative. Saw the pics, they look really nice, plus they're hub-centric. Be sure to post before and after pics.
I will post pics.

I have installed the OTG shims on another XB and it looks like this would definatly be safer. The bolts in the OTG kit are not to great, definatly wouldn't stack. for 9mm Yes, stacking No.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Padanky said:
I will post pics.

I have installed the OTG shims on another XB and it looks like this would definatly be safer. The bolts in the OTG kit are not to great, definatly wouldn't stack. for 9mm Yes, stacking No.
I've only heard it could be done, haven't actually seen anyone run that setup now that you mention it. One of the guys here has been considering it (stacking), I'm gonna show him this.

·
Registered
219 Posts
i want to run spacers but don't know what to get. the rims came with the car and i don't know the dimensions. i know they're 17's, but i think 17x7. i want to fill the wheel well, but i'm lost!?! sorry for thread jacking, didn't want to start another thread.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
R_lilbox said:
i want to run spacers but don't know what to get. the rims came with the car and i don't know the dimensions. i know they're 17's, but i think 17x7. i want to fill the wheel well, but i'm lost!?! sorry for thread jacking, didn't want to start another thread.
Got pics of your rims? I'm sure someone here will know the info you seek. :)

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
do a search on your rims, that is how I found my offset.

I got on the ground and looked at the back of my rim, somewhere on them I found the width 18x7.5. It was on the Backside of one of the spokes.

Get that info and they probly only make one offset for that width and when you search you should be able to find the offset to match.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts