Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like everyone else. i assume no responsibility for you installing this in your vehicle should you mess something up. this is to used only as an informative guide. here goes nothing.

Please start like this.
Remove your wheel. it really helps. should end up with something like this

very good.

Now your going to need to undo the bolt that holds your emergency brake cable in place. You are NOT disconnecting the cable. The bold is here... [size 10]

i think your getting the hang of this.

Now you will need to remove the bracket that holds the brake hose in place, just to free up some space. You are NOT removing the brake hose. You can find this here... [size 14]

great!

There is a little sensor in the very center of the back of the drum. This can easily be removed/unplugged by depressing the small plastic tab in the center top of the sensor and gently pulling back to unplug it. You will need to unplug this because the drum will need to come forward to install the spacer.

Now, there are 4 bolts on the rear of the drum that will need to be removed to free the drum from the assembly.

remember -righty tighty lefty loosey-

This is where you install the spacer. it really only goes one way so even you wont mess this one up...

Procedures.
To Re-Install

do everything the same way but backwards.

Things to remember.
1. The bolts are longer that secure the drum to the assembly to accommodate the spacer. Use some Locktite.
2. These bolts NEED to be torqued down to 46 foot lbs

Here comes the end result in before and after format.

These wheel spacers come as a kit. with 2 spacers and all the hardware you need. You can get them from Ke_O_ki at [email protected]

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Robert. this was done just on the rear.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Nice job and DIY! It looks so much better flush with the lip like that.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Nice job @ watching me do it camera man andy! Lol! Great write-up though! It's just the same great product @ a cheaper price!

·
Registered
546 Posts
how man mm does this spacer space out the wheels?

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the spacer is 10 mm

·
Registered
158 Posts
anyone interested in these shims hit me up on here or scionlife as well.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I just got some off SL the other day.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hes posted a few people up, you can PM him or his email is at the botton of the write up. i think the 10mm ones would be perfect.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Sent you a pm!

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks -=] i couldnt have done it wiffout keoki

·
Registered
95 Posts
good info. where is a good place for me to buy wheel spacers? i can go just far as area codes 323 619 858 typically SD LA area..

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Same angle pic with camber too. 501's

Before and after.

Attachments

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
rCASTILLO maybe we can work something out. ive got the 10mm shims and im looking to get the 15mm ones. im in temecula area for now

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.