Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
allright i just got a 2006 xb its dark blue, i put some konig 16's on it i cant remeber the tire size but they are nearly rubber bands lol, im running stock height and intend to at this point as i do live in ohio where the winter suck. right now i got wheel well gap from H3ll and it looks terrible now i know getting bigger tires on those rims would help this situation out but i also like the bigger rim look, im looking for tire size rim size, picures, input, suggestions on what to put on her without looking like she has a lift kit, i like the motegi 8 stars or drag's 5 stars but im trying to see what ya'll think

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive been in the lowered world for a while, i just got out of the mini truck scene, im sure i will lower it eventually but for now im looking for good ideas and suggestions to enhance her beauty lol

·
Registered
761 Posts
I got a bunch of pictures of mine lowered on 17x7 Volks and WedSports. PM me your e-mail if you want to see them. It will take awhile to upload them onto here from my end.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this is my wheel gap as she sits with 16'' konigs wrapped in 205/40/r16

·
Registered
761 Posts
The smaller tire size lowered your car by/added an additional 1" to your wheel gap. If you plan on keeping your wheels I would go 205/50-16 or 215/45-16 to help fill in that gap and drop the car ~2". If you plan on keeping the same set-up you could potentially drop it safeyly 2.7 - 3" but then again you'll be only a few inches off the ground by then and probably a good idea to get an alignment.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
as of now im not a big fan of the wheels on the car they were just what i had lying around i would like to do some 18's without having to drop it, but in the vent i keep them the tires must go!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks man someone needs to open a store where every wheel/size ever made is there and you can try them on your car, and then have chicks in bikinis model them for you hahaha,

is there an offset/width to stay away from when looking at 17's and 18's?

·
Registered
761 Posts
If you go any lower offset than about +35 on a 7" wide rim (typical) you may experience rubbing issues without rolling your fender. I know I rubbed with my RPF1's @ +35 under a heavy load or if I hit a bump on the highway. I will have to roll my fenders soon.

If you want to go larger width like a 8" or 9" you will need to look at the offset and tire size even more in depth. Typically when you go this route you will have a lip on the wheel with lower offset so you should be ok.

FYI. I sent you a e-mail with a bunch of pics for your take a look at.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for all the pictures man very helpfull, what setup and rims size were you running on it when you had the white rims on it, thats more the height im gonna have to stay around maybe even a little higher than that unfortunately

1 - 13 of 13 Posts