Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here is the problem... i got my bags in but my rims are 18 inch with a +16offset it does not fit under the fender if i drop it all the way down... what can i do to get it to fit without getting a camber kit for the front and back?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Fender rolling or get different wheels. I know option 2 you wont like. Hope this helps and lets see some pictures.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
If you are running any spacers, you could go with a smaller spacer.

·
Registered
263 Posts
camber kit will straiten your wheels, camber shims will narrow them in.. allowing the wheels to fit under the fender. how about a 205 instead of a 215/225.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
First, you aren't going to find a 205 width tire in an 18.

Your best bet to start will be to roll your fenders. You can do this at home with a little heat (hair dryer, or heat gun) and some persuasion (rubber mallet, rolling with a baseball bat). Another option is to purchase, or rent a fender rolling tool. Eastwood sells them, and there is some buy out of Texas that rents one.

If all of these options intimidate you, go talk to your local body shops. They should be able to roll all four fenders for less than a couple hundred. (And that is considering way high shop rates.) If you "know a guy," it won't cost you much at all.

If after rolling your fenders, you still aren't there it is time to consider camber. Your best bet for the front is camber plates. These allow the most adjustment. Cusco sells a set, but they will probably have to have minor modifications done to work with your struts. If that is out of the question, take a look at standard camber bolts. A pair can get you about as much camber as a set of plates.

In the rear your only rear options is a set of camber shims. These will kick the wheels out about 3/8" (10 mm) but the camber angle will lean the top of the rolling stock back in. One Ton Garage makes -3 shims, Garson makes -5 and Keoki here on this forum is working on development of his own camber shims (both -3 and -5 I believe.)

Good luck, and if you need any further assistance, just post up. Some detailed pictures of the interference condition could also help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.