Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what's wrong with my valve cover? Does yours look like this?

Okay, well I decided to shave the VVT-i and the Toyota emblem off of the valve cover. Why? Because it's different, and it allows me to try my hand at bondo (gets you high if you do it in a garage lol).

I already have the metal specks paint on it, but it never turned out very well. Probably because I never put a clear coat over it.

So I'm smoothing it all down, putting more metal specks paint on it, and putting a high heat clear to protect it.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Looking good.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I just came in from taking mine off! I'm thinking that I've got a great, one of a kind idea. I sit down to eat and check my email, log on the site and....DAMN!!!! I guess great minds think a like! Cant wait to see yours. I should have pics up next week.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Was it pretty easy to remove the badges? I have some bondo that i was gonna make some eyelids for my 626 with, that i can use if its easy.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
hayalex6 said:
I'll try and finish it up tomorrow, all it needs now is a couple coats of paint.
any updated pix? [email protected] those VVT-i, so hard to clean the paint, I screwed up my paint badly i'm thinking of shaving it too!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've been too busy. I just had my b-day weekend, and it was crazy, so no time. I might be able to get it done tomorrow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.