Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Nitrous.

Or

Greddy bolt-on turbokit.

Unless you know what a kit takes and you can piece it together yourself.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I know the greddy kit is typically priced between 2k and 3k. If you wanna keep it cool the intercooler kit I think is another 1k.

In the end, it's best to spend the time and get it properly tuned.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I agree 100%. If you really want to go forced induction, cost really should be your last concern.

If you want to talk best value... Turbo Toyotas kit with your choice of engine management, engine monitoring and custom tuning is your best bet.

If you truly just want to know the cheapest way to get into forced induction with available kits, the answer is the Greddy turbo. I wouldn't recommend running it without an intercooler, but you can. Plan to spend at least $1800 for the turbo kit and at least another $600 on the intercooler. And of course that doesn't include a wide band or any other engine monitoring. Nor does it include any installation or custom tuning.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yeawh if youre planning on running a turbo, you should definetly run an intercooler otherwise you lose almost 2/3 the power once it gets to operating temperature. Also, did you consider a S/C kit? Theyre generally more reliable, are something you can install yourself to save $$ and definetly inprove the bottom end.

·
Registered
974 Posts
If you are worried about the price of forced induction, it is too expensive for you.

If you are on a budget, just go nitrous. If you get a 35hp wet kit it can be installed and used safely without engine mods.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.