Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Depends how much you want to spend. I know some shops that charge just a tad over $200 for an oval stainless steel street series Magnaflow w/ tip, installed.

And then there are some axlebacks, like the Tanabe Hypermedallion, that is over $300 and is one of the quietest out there.

But the one that I really like right now is the Strup V.2 axleback.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Man, that's a broad question that will illicit highly opinionated answers!

My suggestion is to hit up a club meet or show and ask a few people to start theirs up for you. See what you like, and gett it!

I like mine, but the tip has gone all funky. Gotta replace that. Sound is good though. Flowmaster Hushpower II muffler replacement done custom.

TRD one sounds real good IMO too.

-Alex

·
Registered
17 Posts
like Squirrel I love the Strup v2.

But keep in mind doing just exhaust alone really doesnt add much, people will say "4hp gained!" but like you can feel that anywhere??? I seriously doubt it.

Get the whole I H E setup and then it really becomes noticeable...just my opinion of course :)

whatever you do get, enjoy it!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Xclusive_Scions said:
MAGNAFLOW is the best way to go. They have a life time warranty. And it makes power. MagnaFlow doesnt make anything if it doesnt sevre a purpose.I have one on my Xb and I freakin Love It. I have had my exhaust going on almost 3 years. I wouldnt put anything on my car.
I love when people are sponsored by a company and they just push that product like no tommorow!!!! :p ;)

·
Registered
352 Posts
its a no name brand but, my muffler is made by a company called naxos. prolly some cheap ebay brand. actually got from hotbox05, and i made an axleback out of it from mufflertech. and it sound mean. its the oval style not barrel, 4 in tip. its loud when u want it and not too **** sounding, and completly goes quiet freeway speeds, and not that loud at all cruising on streets unless you gun it. so you could technically go the cheap ass brands and still get good quality mufflers. oh and i did notice some whp improvement. prolly about 2 hp.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.