Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: I HAVE A LIGHTING AUDIO 1F CAPACITOR. AND I FIND THAT'S STILL NOT ENOUGH. SO PEOPLE I NEED YOUR HELP. WHAT IS A COMPARABLE BRAND OR NEXT STEP IN QUALITY FROM THAT ONE. I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT TSUNAMI CAPACITOR'S ARE GOOD. I ONLY PAID $80 FOR MINE WITH INSTALLATION. SO ANY AND ALL GOOD SUGGESTIONS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED. :cool:

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
hookupman said:
:confused: I HAVE A LIGHTING AUDIO 1F CAPACITOR. AND I FIND THAT'S STILL NOT ENOUGH. SO PEOPLE I NEED YOUR HELP. WHAT IS A COMPARABLE BRAND OR NEXT STEP IN QUALITY FROM THAT ONE. I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT TSUNAMI CAPACITOR'S ARE GOOD. I ONLY PAID $80 FOR MINE WITH INSTALLATION. SO ANY AND ALL GOOD SUGGESTIONS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED. :cool:
perferably, first, dont type in caps next time if you can.

second, a cap isnt going to help you that much with an insane audio package. talk to an audio guru, and he will telll you the same thing because its what theyve all told me. get a good battery, an upgraded alternator if your audio isnt getting the right power needed or something. a bigger cap wont really hlep you at all in your situation im guessing. what are you running?

scotty

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ScionScotty said:
perferably, first, dont type in caps next time if you can.

second, a cap isnt going to help you that much with an insane audio package. talk to an audio guru, and he will telll you the same thing because its what theyve all told me. get a good battery, an upgraded alternator if your audio isnt getting the right power needed or something. a bigger cap wont really hlep you at all in your situation im guessing. what are you running?

scotty
2 x 12" PUNCH p3 subs
1 x 2400dx ppi amp
1 x 1farat lighting audio capactior

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
hookupman said:
2 x 12" PUNCH p3 subs
1 x 2400dx ppi amp
1 x 1farat lighting audio capactior
ya you're fine. id just get an Optima Yellow Top and youll be good. i wouldnt worry about a bigger cap.

scotty

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I was told as a rule of thumb, 1 farad per 1k watts. Does that sound right to everyone? I have a 2 farad for both of my amps and am pushing 1,600 watts, have a yellow top, but need to get a rewound alternator in there soon.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
squirrel said:
I was told as a rule of thumb, 1 farad per 1k watts. Does that sound right to everyone? I have a 2 farad for both of my amps and am pushing 1,600 watts, have a yellow top, but need to get a rewound alternator in there soon.
:cool: hey squirrel you seen my amp, so your saying i would need at least 3farad's ? if so then would i still need the yellow top ? do you have any hookups here in so. cal for a yellow top? the cheapest i found it for was $139 just trying to find a good deal that's all!

its good to hear from you again bro!:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.