1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Lower prices, enough said. :)

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
Dealerships should carry as much aftermarket stuff an display at showrooms just to show what is available. That will only make cars more appealing. But any person with a computer knows that internet is a real source.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I agree 100% with all the people about the lower pricing.

This post has made me go on over to Scion's website, and I'll quote a few things. YES I KNOW that pricing differs from area to area, and dealership to dealership, but here's a few examples:

Custom Fit car cover = $219!! I got mine, 50 bucks. It has the 4star rating across the board, and also has a soft underside as to not scratch the car.

Fog Lights - $350! What? No wonder I don't have foglamps.

Rear Spoiler = $385! I can get a Fab one for that price, granted, not painted, and it's shooting in the high range, but eh, It looks cooler than stock.

These also don't include dealership install prices either.

I'd really like to see the dealership carry more styles of wheels, graphics, and yes, CF parts, but at the same time, if the pricing feels like I'm getting a handshake with sandpaper, I'll just go to my usual internet sites and purchase from there.

I like PCH's idea. Have the stuff there in the showroom for the consumer to view what parts are available.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
i wouldnt mind seeing a bulliten board or some sort displaying local peoples parts for sale or maybe junkyards with crashed scions for the picking or something to that effect. just to show a real effort to cater to the aftermarket world because the dealerships know were all moding our cars. and they could be a bigger part of it and still make a boat load of money.

Now i know Craigslist is the same effect [-junkyards] but the dealer could take charge. They deffinately have the budget to throw something nice together. but then again what do i know.

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
STEALERSHIP - enough said. They make enough on the cars why do we need to bend over for everything else.

- JDM parts - since they have acess to everything TOYOTA

·
Registered
92 Posts
They designed these for the 20's to 30's croud for modding right. If the dealership doesn't push mods or I guess parts for mods then they are not catering to the demographic that Scion is trying to hit. I have only seen about 5 xbs in my town that are modded. the rest are 40+ commuters or the delivery rig for a florist. There are a few more TC's that are modded but not enough for the second largest city in Wa. I did not even have any idea about the RS's untill I walked in to see one. I had been to two dealerships 4 times to look at the TC's and XB with no mention of the upsale to an RS or any speciel features.

·
3,453 Posts
^^ Sadly, it is that way around here. There are only a couple of dealerships where the salesman know their ish. The dealership I got mine from have probably the most informed sales reps in this area. They were happy, helpful, and knew exactly which car to show me after they listened to my ideas. Not to mention the whole no pressure style, which actually helped me make my decision to purchase.

I would like to see 'younger' more informed salesman at the dealerships; people who not only own a scion, but someone who's in the scene, or at least knows about it. Out of a few places I have visited the salesman were all just sitting around chatting about their caddy's and bimmers, not readily helpful to anyone standing IN the Scion section, looking AT Scion brochures. If I were a salesman, I'd be out there busting my guns to make sure the person gets what they want.

Since the Scion brand is suppose to cater to the tuner scene, I'd kinda prefer the people who buy Scions to keep it close knit. Like BurxBox, I see SO many xB's around town that are store owned or owned by someone that doesn't know the potential of the vehicle they drive.

I know that sounds kinda snooty, and salesman don't care who buys it as long as the paycheck is there, but that's just how I feel. I mean, it's marketed as a car to modify and personalize, not just have so you can say you get 40mpg....Maybe I'm just wrong.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I totally understand where you are coming from Boombox. I have been to every single Toyota/Scion dealer in central California, as well as several others in California. Not once have I spoken with someone who knew Scions inside and out. Every single time I knew more about the vehicles than even the Scion brand manager at the dealership. Including information on Release Series cars and the '08 models.

I have told my wife several times that I would like to give selling cars on the weekends at a Scion dealership a try. She knows I could do it, but is 100% against it. I already put in 40+ hours a week at my day job and don't really need the added stress and time away from home at a second. I know I could do well though. I've been on the customer side of the deal tons of times, and know what it means to have a salesman who is knowledgeable and actually excited about the cars he sales.

<Sorry to be jackin' the thread.>

·
3,453 Posts
I hear ya rton20s!

There's a dealership around here that's rebuilding their Toyota building. They have a tiny Lexus department, and want to expand both the Scion and Lexus departments. They do need more salesman, and I'm trying to get in good with the peeps there. It'll be my chance to show them what's up when it comes to selling the right buyer a car. Even though I'm not a huge fan of the newer models, if I were to get the job, I'd make it a point to find out as much information as possible on them.

·
Registered
247 Posts
This really is a sad situation. I bought my car from carmax but when i went to my local scion dealer hoping to see lottsa cool scion aftermarket parts...well It's a Toyota dealership which has scions and... there was absolutly nothing on display and...everything i asked about, the guy behind the desk didn't know anything about but he would try to see what he could find on the pc. Sad, really sad.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.