Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What would be the best intake to get?

2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Simplyscion 
#1 ·
So I'm in the market for an intake. I've always owned AEM for all my honda's and it seems like everyone has the aem for there Scion. I'm only running a Blitz Nur Spec exhaust right now and want more. I want to run all Blitz but the Blitz intake is very unrestrictive and I drive in dusty areas so thats not really an option with me. HELP ME OUT GUYS!!!!! :confused:

#3 ·
superjeer said:
Check out the YDR SRI for sure.

$85, K&N filter included. There's def a little more now, after installing it and a measurable increase in MPG ( about 2 ) :)

You got a link to that? I havn't heard of it. I am all about saving gas right now....

#5 ·
Thanks man, that thing looks awesome! I think I have found my intake.....

#9 ·
dewred21 said:
i love the sound. you can actually hear the engine better. i'll get a sound clip or video tommor so you can hear it. But it does get loud.
What exhaust are you running??? Did it make your exhaust louder also???

#11 ·
there are few out there and they all claim many diff. things. from seat dyno to actual dynos they perform? either way if there is any diff. its prolly very little. look for companies thats been around the world, and not just around the block.

i have the INJEN RD2501P CAI, and is C.A.R.B. legal. with this set up, i can run either cold air, or short ram in 15min. i've had this set up fo 2yrs. with no complaints.
also, when im driving in the rain w/ the CAI, i have the HYDRO Shield from INJEN. this "glove" protects the filter from being soaked w/ water, so no mo worries!

FUJITA also has a similar one too, but its C.A.R.B. pending. you can talk to squrriel fo mo info.

if you wanna have the same set up as yo exhaust, talk to quadoptix. he has one fo sale. http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f4/1886-ca-fs-blitz-intake/

performance or looks, hey its your style, so have fun with!

#12 ·
The YDR you can hear when pulling hard pretty nicely. Otherwise it's quiet. Also, I just took mine on a trip with a 12 hour trip and a couple 6 hour trips in there, some of it through pouring rain, with no problems.

Being in Chi I don't think you have to worry about CARB, but if you do, then Thundergod has a good point. It does take like 15-45 minutes to switch back to the original air box though, nbd to do once a year for inspections :)

#13 ·
ThunderGod said:
i have the INJEN RD2501P CAI, and is C.A.R.B. legal. with this set up, i can run either cold air, or short ram in 15min. i've had this set up fo 2yrs. with no complaints.
also, when im driving in the rain w/ the CAI, i have the HYDRO Shield from INJEN. this "glove" protects the filter from being soaked w/ water, so no mo worries!

FUJITA also has a similar one too, but its C.A.R.B. pending. you can talk to squrriel fo mo info.

if you wanna have the same set up as yo exhaust, talk to quadoptix. he has one fo sale. http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f4/1886-ca-fs-blitz-intake/

performance or looks, hey its your style, so have fun with!

I've been looking into the INJEN and the FUJITA also but I haven't seen anywhere selling the FUJITA cold air intake or the INJEN one. Where did you get your from??

#15 ·
F5 Fujita has a CAI now. If I wasn't sick this past week it would be in by now. I should have it in next week when its sunny.

Dusty regions aren't a problem as long as the filter is kept clean for any intake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.