Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a Used Car, can I get out of the contract?

I just bought a used 2014 car and I THOUGHT we agreed on $25,000 for the car and then my down payment would lower it to $22,000. Apparently they made the contract for $28,000 for the car and $25,000 was after the down payment....

I have had the car for 36hrs so far and they forgot to actually take my down payment from me (minus the $1000 deposit) I am going back today to pay the rest... Do I have room to negotiate still since I signed the contract already?

They said they couldn t sign the contract until I pay the down payment so could they still adjust the pricing? Or maybe let me keep the down payment? Or am I just screwed out of $3000 because I signed the contract?

Thank you

·
Banned
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My car battery won t stay charged?

Yesterday I changed the alternator on my 94 nissan altima gxe. After I hooked it all back together I drove it to the auto parts store and on the way home the battery died. No lights came on so I figured I had a loose connection and tightened everything back up. I charge the battery for about an hour and when I went to work today it died on the way. The alternator is on and is running I can see the belt moving. Can my battery just be too old to hold a charge?

·
Banned
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How can I afford a 100k car?

Specifically, I want a 2015 S550 Mercedes Benz but I just don't see how it's possible. I don't make that much but I don't have to pay anything but my phone bill & car insurance. How is it possible to lease or finance such an expensive car?

·
Banned
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How much should I pay for a 2002 Toyota Solara?

There's this 2002 Toyota Solara for sale from a second owner with 135k miles for $4000 first. Does this price seem right or is it over priced?

·
Banned
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm looking to buy a car that in total would cost me 15K$ (with taxes). I'm somewhat flexible on price but I would ideally like to stick on that price I own a SAAB 93 2005 that is not in good condition but only 120,000 km of mileage. What do you think would be the best deal I could get? I never bought a... show more
Update: I'm looking for an intermediate car and looking mostly for reliability (and ideally fun to drive)
Do you think I can get that for 13K$?
I saved up 13K$ so do you think it can get me a better deal?

·
Registered
411 Posts
I would look for a Mazda 3 you could even get a first gen mazdaspeed3 for that price just watch out for lots of mods. There are a few around me with low miles for around $14,000.

·
Dead box
1,095 Posts
Can I officially request a wielding of the ban hammer?

The OP cross-posts every one of his entries here in several other online forums (I just Googled all of his posts) and then ignores the replies.

I mean, I appreciate collecting the garbage in one long thread here, but I'm asking those with the authority to take (kick) it to the curb. Please?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.