Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I now own an '05 xB that has been in the family since the day it was bought brand new at the dealer and is under 100k buy 900 or so mi. I got to thinking about Hmmmmm what to do with it and BAM this site comes up and gives {Personal Experience Speaking) great DYI's compared to other sites. The atmosphere on here does nothing but amp up my excitement! :eek:

No doubt I spend more time on here than I ever saw myself spending.

First Mod:
Obj. - Install Breather Filter for oil.

Results - Placed inline with the vacuum causing engine to
shoutdown on the spot.

Lesson Learned - Research Before Acting; Excitement CAN
Be controlled... with practice.

And that's what I've been doing and I learn something new all the time just wondering around through threads.
Planning on installing a F5 Fujita SRI since that seems to be the most popular yet looking into AEM. No follower (hinted by the car WE have) yet more people = more trust. but that's besides the point of this thread.

P.S. This post is not on the day I joined. I was too busy reading threads and link hopping to get around to it. We just sold our Rav 4 and I'm supposed to be cleaning it right now yet I figured "Hell perfect time for my Intro!" :rolleyes:

Some Weeks from now I plan on starting a Club Down here in South Texas in Galveston for xB's.
Just need some more $$$$$ to pay for some mods to start things off.

WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST MOD or PLANNED MOD? Wanna get to know some of y'all and plz oh plz post pics if you find the time to do so. I can't seem to get enough plus it looks coool when there are alot of pictures of mods on a thread.

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
Welcome to the club !! My first mod was adding a TRD rear sway bar !! The tighter the BOX... the better !! And now she is.. TIGHT !!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha I can't believe I'm saving pay checks to order all these parts and covers. Even custom painting my hubs with spray paint and gloss clear coats

·
Registered
7 Posts
i just picked up my new '11 xb about a week ago and i didnt think id change it up much but i see a whirlwind mods in my future....:rolleyes:

my first mod was- billet shift nob(w/secret compartment!)

and i have the alpine prem. sound system w/touch screen and i got it because the say its super easy to install a sub to. well i have a sub and amp but i see no DIY thread for this '11xb:confused: has anyone done this on an '11 yet?

b.t.w. this was my first post!

·
Slow, Loud, And Bangin
105 Posts
my first mod was installing a hood ornament...been hooked ever since! ive gone broke i dont know how many times!

·
Registered
16,741 Posts
Party Box xB: i hate my AEM CAI. hate!!!!! (& it tried to kill me so it hates me, too.)

i had the dealer install several options: TRD exhaust, AEM CAI, some lights, the head unit upgrade - which i busted, but my first mod was toast. yep. toast.:D

lotsa toast.

and toasters.

·
Registered
16,741 Posts
lol toast? i don't think I follow.
hahahahahaha!

:D:D:D:D

toast, toasters, and hella flames!!!!! wooooooooooot!

my car is kinda unique.;)

my build thread:

http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f5/cartoon-car-31942.html

it's evolved a lot, so scroll for pics. i have very little $ for real mods, so i make stuff out of discarded vinyl, magnets, and paint. also flaming fleece i got at a fabric liquidator store.

Toaster has been loved and hated, but he is all mine.

dubee is gonna harass me.

·
Xb Enthusiast
6 Posts
Bought my 06 a couple months ago...the previous owner scuffed up the right front hubcap pretty much, so I took 'em all off, and replced them with chrome trim rings and Toyota Tercel center caps.

·
Oz
49 Posts
i dont care for the term mod. prolly cuz most people use it as changing parts.
anyway. i rolled mine home from the dealer and that night i changed the headlights and redid the battery to fit in my intake and mounted the battery sideways and tied it down using a billet cage made for the optima yellow top i put in

·
Registered
56 Posts
havent really done any mods yet but im thinkin of doing the head/taillights first an inside getting some diamond plated floor mats :D (uuuuuu shiny lol) And after that idk what i'd do next....any ideas guys??? :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts