Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I need some opinions here! I have lowered my xB, 18s, and LEDs. I have purchased the stereo equipment but need to install it. Plans for the future are Custom paint,air ride and some other things. My paint is going to be about 3000$ So what do ya think? I could do the air ride and some other things for that. Plus Im thinking about the 2007 xB.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
This is MY opinion...Don't think about what you can't SEE!! You might end up disappointed!! JMO!! It doesn't even exist yet get my drift?

Whats more important to you? Custom paint or bags and a few other things for the same price?

Good luck!!

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Made from 6061T6 aluminum and weighing in at 1.2lbs, the PERRIN™ pulley is more then 4 lbs lighter then the stock crank pulley. The PERRIN™ pulley is not under driven and will not affect the life of your engine. The pulley is a redesigned, lighter rendering of the stock crank pulley.

Aftermarket, under driven, pulleys are prone to charging and drivability problems from being excessively under driven. The PERRIN Performance™ lightened crank pulley will have no effect on your cars charging system.

The PERRIN Performance™ pulley achieves power and performance by reducing the rotating mass of the crank assembly.

That reduction is effectively the same as removing 100 pounds of weight from your vehicle. The PERRIN Performance™ pulley will not wear out engine bearings or the oil pump, and will not add any additional vibration or noise.

Attachments

·
Registered
657 Posts

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
But then again, if have a manual and like to downshift to slow down, many have said that you can no longer do so.

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
squirrel said:
But then again, if have a manual and like to downshift to slow down, many have said that you can no longer do so.
I have the Agency Power Pulley, and I down shift ALOT. I still have 80% life left on a 2004 Hawt Rava brakes. I may have to change the clutch first, before changing my brakes =| yes, I can downshift. =)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Header will help if you have an exhaust, but it is costly for a minimal gain in HP.

Hood .. depends on which you want. I have seen just about every CF availible, and cost keeps coming down.

Pulley, here again, not worth the bucks for the gain IMO. Its a stocker, but lighter? I can see using an underdrive for added performance along with some internals, but to just lessen the weight? Our engines were designed to get the most performance with the best engine use. From what i have been told, that is why adding a SC or turbo really doesnt give you that much. Our engines werent designed that way, or with major upgrades in mind.

Im sure there are those who have them installed and will swear by them. As they should, they paid for them. If you drop some money on something would you say that it didnt work, or you didnt notice any significant difference? Also, its a lot easier to re-install an intake or even a header before bringing your box back for warenty issues. Not so easy with a pulley.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.