Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about replacing my subs in the box and need some advice.
Should i get a single 12'' jl audio w7, or should i get 2 10'' alpine R-types.. somebody help me out.. thanks alot

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
smalltownscionman said:
I am thinking about replacing my subs in the box and need some advice.
Should i get a single 12'' jl audio w7, or should i get 2 10'' alpine R-types.. somebody help me out.. thanks alot

My little brother has one 12" Alpine Type-R, Hits really hard. Downfiring in the back of his 79' Thunderbird.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
forget mainstream audio thrown out in the media. 2 words: Resonant Engineering. If you want something that POUNDS, get resonant engineering. W7s may be tight and pretty bassy, but one XXX or HC will SMASH a W7. Theres a reason that professionals use these in audio competitions, and not the W7. RE is the way to go 100%. Anyone that has been in my car and felt their hair move to the beat, can verify!

Scotty

·
Registered
410 Posts
Subs

We have 2 12" L7s in our camo green Xb and people are amazed on how hard it hits. On my new Shadow Mica Xb im going to go full powerbass. I heard of them about 6 months ago and tested them on my truck. I put 4 12s in the truck and hit almost a 160dbs

http://www.PowerBassUsa.com

·
Registered
354 Posts
I got 2 12'" Infinity Reference 1240w running off a SoundStorm f4500 amp running 1000 watts max to each sub and they hit 142.3 dB. (barry Hip-2b-sqr can verify) good price too.. you can get subs from crutchfield if running special can get 2 for $99 and the amp i got from caraudiodeals.com for 160 shipped.

got two more subs and am going to pic up another amp so can run four of them.

·
Registered
352 Posts
the infinity's can be found on ebay from fortunaenterprises, for like cheaper than dirt. i have 1 12" atm and my hair shakes with a pioneer 760w amp.

·
Registered
178 Posts
for one if you are going with infinity the references are crap get the infinity kappa perfects DVQ's those are bad ass subs but that w7 is louder but if you want the go to the extreme get some mmats juggernauts thats what i have well 1 15 at 147DB on a burp so they are the loudest you can buy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.