Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
LOL! That sounds kinda funny!

You need 20x7.5 only...and IMO 225/30-20 tires like Nitto Neo Gens

And a lot of research!! For some reason some wheels need more modification to the box then others.

Speaking from experience. We have 20's on one of our boxes with the least amount of mod I've read about to date. :) And its on Goldline springs too.

Good luck!

·
Registered
198 Posts
With a three inch drop your gunna have to probably do alot of mods, including taking out the inner fenders hammering the firewall and rolling the finders like crazy in the front so you can turn, im on tanabe dfs in the front which sit 2.2 inches ive got a finger gap between the wheel and fender will probably be over the tire. But ya 20 by 7.5 and a 225/30/20 pirellie makes one so does bfg and nitto, and another brand but im not sure, the best thing you can do is get them put them on and then mod your fenders untill it doesnt rub. thats what i did, but plan on rolling your fenders ALOT with a 3 inch drop. Good luck its gunna look sick when its done.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Pretty much what everyone else posted.

Remove inner fender liners, roll rear fender lip, airhammer the firewall, and may or may not need to do some minor grinding on the rear beam axle depending on offset.

I wouldn't go flares as the tires will tuck if you are at a 3 inch drop.

BFG also has 30 series tires for 20s.

I helped a buddy w/ his FOOSE 20s when he got back from SEMA 2003, and he was on cut Eibachs.

·
Registered
198 Posts
You dont do fender flares because thats probably not going to fix your problem because you need to have the fender lip sit up and farther out so the tire will clear it. if you did cf fender flares they might sit out far enough but youd probably have to mod those to fit also. Since you have coilovers you can always do a 2.5 inch drop for starters and then see how far you can really go down with 20 inch wheels and still be able to drive. Thats what i would do if i were you. or just leave the coilovers at 2 inches then drop it for shows and tuck those wheels like crazy:) Its up to you but i bet your gunna be doing alot of modding with the fenders but id stick them on and see what ya got first.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.