Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok people, i just got a very nice raise at my job last week and decided to use the extra income to give the xb some power. should i get a turbo installed or a super charger. please tell me your reasons for choosing one or the other. thanks alot

Jeremy

·
Registered
949 Posts
i would say do the turbo you can get more power from the turbo and it costs less just if you do the turbo do a ball bearing turbo so you don't need to tap into your oil pan or anything...

·
Registered
84 Posts
I don't understand the concept of wanting increase power on a xB. I'm sure everyone had a vehicle with more power before buying a xB. Its one of things I liked about it. I went from a 12 mi. per gal F150

·
Registered
19 Posts
theelf said:
I don't understand the concept of wanting increase power on a xB. I'm sure everyone had a vehicle with more power before buying a xB. Its one of things I liked about it. I went from a 12 mi. per gal F150
Part of it is that the xB handles very well, and is a pretty light vehicle. If there were a more robust engine in the bay, one could extract more power and have a pretty quick (thanks largely to the light weight) little box. It doesn't take much HP to get speed in a nimble lightwieght little package. (Think Elise) The problem (IMHO) is that the xB/Echo engine is weak and not really designed to be modified for power. Turbochargers or superchargers can only do so much because you have to keep the boost low enough not to damage the relatively weak internals. For the money spent to do it _the right_ way, a person could swap a better engine in in stock form and get more power than if they tried to increase power in the current engine. I can see what he's angling for, and agree with him that more power in a package like the xB could make for one fun to drive car. I just don't think slapping a turbo or SC is a cost effective way to get more power.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The first time I ever heard of an xB was the last time my youngest brother lived in Japan. I'm not sure of the date but Charles and Yuco moved from there to the Philippines in 2001. Anyway they only put a 650cc engine in the ones they sold over there. Said he was able to get it uo to 80 on the freeway. The xB is after all a small engined economy vehicle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.